Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mornin' All

Happy day to all you muthas... and your mothers

The winter garden appears to be a success. A couple puff will keep me from doing stupid things. Lucky to remain upright in my chair. That'll keep me out of trouble.

Wife is going to church... I'm gonna do the floors while she's gone.

Got a fly by from the BorderPatrol yesterday. Low and fast. Minimum altitude was observed... The helicopter was off the ground... barely. If it 50ft up, that would be a generous estimate.I presume they were chasing someone. Followed the road. Weather might be why they were so low... I seriously doubt that, though.Whatever was happening, it wasn't here ... in town.

We received some precipitation... rain.. maybe 1/4 in. Enough to make things wet and cool it down. Surprised there don't seem to be any fires from the lightning. Was almost like a monsoon day. Clear/warm AM... clouded up early afternoon and busted loose with some rain. Strange for May or June. We don't normally get any rain during this time. They say we have a chance for more today.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2020 at 1:23 PM, dirtmudd said:

have room for me ? I have food and tp..

no problem... leave that white stuff home, please.  the food, coffee and company are fine.

dinna do squat after getting the floors done. Finished about noon-thirty. Just before wife got back from church. She was given a mini rose by the church. Something for me to care for.  We will say, wife doesn't have good luck with plants....I am the gardener around the house. I gave up trying to keep plants in this house. No south facing windows --- the place is too dark for plants and too dry for fungi.

• Like 3

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - movie--  and vampires making a scene at the big dance

"They are seniors, we had to invite them"

I would prolly surprise them by knowing a lot of the hymns and how the service is conducted .... I used to attend regularly. just not here

• Like 5

Finally, a cable post!

So you may ask, why am I up at 1:15 am?  I've been troubleshooting a channel being out of an amp that went to my CF-4's for three hours.  I even swapped amps.  I opened up one amp to look for something that was fried.  The fuse was good.  My cable was a 1-into-2 RCA.  I couldn't solve the problem. 

You'll NEVER figure out what it was.

Spoiler

The cable. 

Good night. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Finally, a cable post!

So you may ask, why am I up at 1:15 am?  I've been troubleshooting a channel being out of an amp that went to my CF-4's for three hours.  I even swapped amps.  I opened up one amp to look for something that was fried.  The fuse was good.  My cable was a 1-into-2 RCA.  I couldn't solve the problem. 

Reveal hidden contents

The cable. 

Good night. 

I'm up having coffee ! good morning

• Like 4

Just now, dirtmudd said:

I'm up having coffee ! good morning

good night

26 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Finally, a cable post!

Hide contents

The cable. 

Good night. 

see , how easy --------time to go to sleep

• Like 4

Mornin' All

wife's b'day.  Nothing special planned. I asked her what she wanted for dinner... Still waiting for a response.She has pretty well limited the possibilities to what we can get from the store, here.

Near normal temps forecast... Wow!  Don't have to button the house up at sunrise.

I could do some yard work, if I want to push my knee. Still a little tender and will collapse if I turn/move wrong.

My SIL is MIA. A couple of her friends came by, asking if we had seen her. Nope... This won't be the first time. Not too worried yet. I call her "the X factor", due to unpredictable/stupid behavior. My sisters still talk/laugh about her at our wedding... Showed up late, drunk and arguing with her bf..

We figure she holed up at one of her friends' places. We haven't gotten a call from her.... or the popo... Last time was "We're lost... under a tree, in a pasture... ".  Funny thing about that one... I knew where they were.

somewhere in conversation, wife and I got into the topic of hair color.  Was telling her that I was quite happy when I got all grey. She told me that my hair isn't grey... it is white.  ???  Or is it platinum blonde? I know I have fits of blonde.  I catch myself once in a while... "Just what do you think you are trying to do?" Punctuated with a slew of expletives.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Finally, a cable post!

Reveal hidden contents

The cable. 

Good night. 

you solved that quick

Remember me going around with brand new cable con intermittent?  I bet it was 3 months

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@grasshopper

First time I saw that movie I literally laughed for the whole while that video tape played.

Would've been a cult classic midnight movie if it was twenty years earlier!

I was sober a couple of the others weren't.

So between the campy almost slap-stick, stupid humor and the spilled beer, nachos and hilarity of my in-laws I could not stop laughing.

We watched it another time before taking it back.

You & the Mrs. have a great birthday evening!!

• Like 2