Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

you're me giving way too much credit.

Yea it was a bit much.

That lady above needs to just sit back and wait a little while, I would, would need to anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Maybe I should have told him to not smoke it all in one sitting?

Due to lung disease, i don’t smoke at all. I will eat a gummy and that is for sleep. Back in the 70s, i smoked pot all day, every day. Once bought an ounce from a neighbor. Went back the next day for another -- he was shocked that i was out. Now, i didn’t smoke it all to myself; but if there was a hall of fame, i would have been voted in unanimously. 

So, since i’m out of loop anymore, i understand the stuff today is so much more potent. Is there a such thing as the Columbian that we used to get back in the 70s or is that kind of stuff gone for good?  

I guess these days it is probably cheaper to buy the powerful stuff and just take one hit than buy low potency stuff and smoke more of it. 

• Like 5

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, RandyH said:
57 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

is that kind of stuff gone for good?  

yep -

I have to disagree, from what I hear :blush: a friend :o had got a pile of Colombian gold, back roughly 43 years ago, at the time it was 3 times the price of anything else, but it was as good as anything today. I say this because of an ongoing study for over 43 years of sampling and testing. Many more different kinds today is the big difference with pretty much the known differences in affect for each.

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

I guess these days it is probably cheaper to buy the powerful stuff and just take one hit than buy low potency stuff and smoke more of it. 

It's all relative, one or a few, each will depend on type and affect desired. If you don't know about it, it's positively one and wait. Well for my friend anyway, he does not care to be gone, just feeling good from what he tells me, and I can trust him. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, RandyH said:

ok -

In general, overall your probably right, but there was others, also I remember some from Hawaii the prettiest and most colorful I had ever seen, didn't even smell like you expect, so sticky you had to use a pipe.

One thing, today's edibles can be very scary for those who have no idea and expect immediate action and keep eating, then there really sorry.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

One thing, today's edibles can be very scary for those who have no idea and expect immediate action and keep eating, then there really sorry.

very true.  knew a guy once that kept eating some cookies saying that he couldn’t feel anything.  later that night he went to the emergency room. 

The indica gummies do wonders for my sleep...i normally wake up every hour or so. 

i got a couple new boxes of them, so should sleep well tonight (haven’t had any for over two months because i haven’t wanted to go visit the dispensary during this pandemic). Did someone a solid and in return they went and bought me some -- along with a 12-pack of Modelo. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

you're me giving way too much credit.

That Spinal Tap movie is funny.

I made a t shirt with this design on it, people look at it and probably most have no idea what it is from ?

il_794xN.1840374913_fcsa.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

very true.  knew a guy once that kept eating some cookies saying that he couldn’t feel anything.  later that night he went to the emergency room. 

The indica gummies do wonders for my sleep...i normally wake up every hour or so. 

i got a couple new boxes of them, so should sleep well tonight (haven’t had any for over two months because i haven’t wanted to go visit the dispensary during this pandemic). Did someone a solid and in return they went and bought me some -- along with a 12-pack of Modelo. 

-----one thing that works really good is Redoxon B complex - not sure if you have it in California - it removes the acid in the stomach which enduces and eases the sleep pattern for those who have sleep disorders which is the case for a lot of Vets ----- you take it a few  minutes before sleep is desired -----all natural - Vitamin C with B vitamins -that's it -     in Europe they call it an anti-stress formula image.jpeg.3cc7a6b535b22f6d7126b56cc276b68d.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i understand the stuff today is so much more potent.

they lied.  it can only get so good. never had any like some I "got" in '83... it was like trying to smoke hash oil

39 minutes ago, dtel said:

That Spinal Tap movie is funny.

the spontaneously combusting drummers was funny

... and the concert at the AF base with the cordless guitars was classic

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, RandyH said:

-----one thing that works really good is Redoxon B complex - not sure if you have it in California - it removes the acid in the stomach which enduces and eases the sleep pattern for those who have sleep disorders which is the case for a lot of Vets ----- you take it a few  minutes before sleep is desired -----all natural - Vitamin C with B vitamins -that's it -     in Europe they call it an anti-stress formula image.jpeg.3cc7a6b535b22f6d7126b56cc276b68d.jpeg

I need to show this to my wife, she is up and down all night. Thank You 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I remember some from Hawaii the prettiest and most colorful

I got some when I was in AK... beautiful, spicy...

that was back when Alaska was the only legal place. See people hitting bongs at the stop light.

they called mine Hawaiian, too. I think it was because I was tanned. Didn't notice the mesquite leaves.

actually -- they fit Hawaiian, too. When I first got to Kauai, I kept hearing about this ultra-fantastic bbq wood... kiewe.  One of the guys at the bowl had some and showed it to me. Thinking to myself, this looks like mesquite.  Was out the west side and saw a tree. What's that? Kiewe!. Looks like mesquite to me. Asked the beekeeper we bought honey from... Yes, kiewe is mesquite  

I know why they thought mesquite was sooooo good. If you try to bbq on the beach, using driftwood... you had best be cooking shrimp. The stuff practically lights with a match and leaves as much for coals. When it stop flaming, it is OUT. I think it would be like balsa.

random association ramble I condensed/compressed it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

oh...

I was out a couple time today.

The sun made its intention clear to any exposed skin. Best I can describe it is searing.

Asked the wife if there was any cold water left. It comes cool for a while, then... lukewarm... I guess 95 - 100`.

Spent the day with music. Fried some chicken and made mashed/gravy.

The critters are out. Turned the lights on in the doghouse... 4 or 5 crickets bouncing around.  I have lots of bug stories ... later

things you see, if you are looking

• Like 2
  • Haha 1