Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, babadono said:

There is a word for it: gluttony....Just curious during(well actually after) do they make sure the "contestants" don't go vomit it all up?

They have to keep it down.  If it comes up during the contest it's a disqualification. 

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

They have to keep it down.  If it comes up during the contest it's a disqualification. 

I'd never be DQ'ed -- I haven't puked since December 1989. proud of that streak.  haven"t had a cold since September 2017. my longest streak w/o a cold was seven years.

15 minutes ago, babadono said:

I was serious yesterday, how long do these super eaters have to keep all that down?

Until the time expires and the contest over.  Any "reversal of fortune" during the contest is cause for disqualification.

Hey CC@C "maybe "P" lol, How is everyone? Really don't answer as I cannot keep up.

Cheers folks 🍻🥂, I don't see an emoji for coffee cups clanging ????

I find it amazing how COVID-19 has made me closer to my mom, Talking and listening face to face has changed for me. I'm hearing so much more over the phone 🙂

I miss my Mom

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll change the subject...

Nothing exciting going on. Still waiting for a break from the weather.  Our historic chances of rain are about 75%. That ain't happening this year. We are getting some relief from the heat. The storms are close enough to give us that. We can see them.

Wife threw me today... says she starts work next week. No students... all prep for remote classes. I still question how you can do that when the kids are just learning to read and write?  I started to rant.... put a plug in that

Growing some flypaper in the house. Yeah, I let some of the daddy long legs get wild.  Skeeter control. We have a couple larger type spiders for the flies. I chuckle.. my BIL used to say that spiders were a sign of a healthy house... This place in on steroids.  I thin them out once in a while... Every 6 months or so. That's about how often I take the vac to the walls and ceiling. I knock the webs down with the broom more often The spiders get sucked up when I vac.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Growing some flypaper in the house. Yeah, I let some of the daddy long legs get wild.  Skeeter control. We have a couple larger type spiders for the flies. I chuckle.. my BIL used to say that spiders were a sign of a healthy house... This place in on steroids.  I thin them out once in a while... Every 6 months or so. That's about how often I take the vac to the walls and ceiling. I knock the webs down with the broom more often The spiders get sucked up when I vac.

I would rather have flies and skeeters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Grandson needed a new computer desk. We remodeled his room, his choice of wall color and floors. He also picked out the color of stain for the desk one was not dark enough so we went with red oak and came back with provincial over it to get some of the red out. A few coats of poly satin with a car sprayer and left to sit a couple days.

He's happy with it, a new bed frame (different size bed) and end tables are next.

he also picked the size and shape of the desk. Regular 2x6's were used, he wanted that look.

image.jpeg

• Like 9

9 hours ago, dtel said:

Grandson needed a new computer desk

Nice. A growed up half desk. I always hated them in school. They assumed everyone was right handed. I had to turn sideways to write anything... my left elbow was out in space if I sat straight forward. This model doesn't seem to have that feature.

Taking wife to her follow up for her 2nd eye. Not particularly looking forward to it. It is at noon. I get to sit in the car. Ugh.  We just love sitting in the car, in the sun, at noon. It will be at least 100` in the shade, of which there is none. Take a spare bottle of water to wear. Wet myself down with.

We have a mix of dark and light wood in this place. The floors are bamboo. Walls are dark redwood.  The bumpy black LS fit in nicely....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, dtel said:

Grandson needed a new computer desk. We remodeled his room, his choice of wall color and floors. He also picked out the color of stain for the desk one was not dark enough so we went with red oak and came back with provincial over it to get some of the red out. A few coats of poly satin with a car sprayer and left to sit a couple days.

He's happy with it, a new bed frame (different size bed) and end tables are next.

he also picked the size and shape of the desk. Regular 2x6's were used, he wanted that look.

image.jpeg

That's really nice... now, cover the outlets. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Nice. A growed up half desk. I always hated them in school. They assumed everyone was right handed. I had to turn sideways to write anything... my left elbow was out in space if I sat straight forward. This model doesn't seem to have that feature.

It's 4' from the wall and 31" across not counting the side wall part. It's the same height as a plastic fold up table. 

The reason it's this size is because he was limited in the room, a full XL bed goes to the right and it only leaves 27" as a walkway. 

Plus the other side, where the computer and plastic table is is all completely empty. The reason he wanted it like this is he also has a VR headset and you need open space for that to move around. No I never tried the VR yet, maby one day if it is a game where you sit down, have seen some videos of people being disoriented and crashing into walls or the floor.

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

@dtel I think the desk looks great -- I also think that same color of floor would be nice.  I prefer the dark over light often.

The floor in the main part of the house is similar to that desk color, I think he just wanted something different ? He's a big boy now 19   :lol: so he picked what he wanted, we would have only said something it was really funky. Funky like when he was little he wanted a spider man room, red and blue walls with the same color bedding and posters, it was really funky but he loved it. 

4 hours ago, Marvel said:

That's really nice... now, cover the outlets. 😉

Need to go get some new ones. The trim is white the outlets and switches are off white. He is a apprentice electrician for his dads company, he knows how to change them, it's on him. I told him I would be glad to do it for him IF he did not know how to on his own. He does but it is not that important to him he says, I told him paint it all grey. He said it might shock me, I told him don't be a sissy, a little shock therapy is not bad for you, he laughed but wouldn't try it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dtel said:

would have only said something it was really funky.

so would you say that me loving the ceiling painted black is funky?  I read an article once that said the wall behind your television should be black. Once upon a time, I had a huge area rug that was black and I nailed it to the wall behind the tv -- it didn't look bad. But then, my house always did get the looks. One year my Christmas lights were black lights.  I had a living room wall painted dark orange and had tube lights along the ceiling that were also orange. At night, if I had the blinds open, there was this orange glow you could see from the street. I wonder if people thought the place was on fire?

Before the orange lights, I had green ones. 

One year, my Christmas tree was all white with only black bulbs. Now that looked cool and although at first people thought it sounded crazy, everyone that has seen one said it actually was good.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

so would you say that me loving the ceiling painted black is funky?  I read an article once that said the wall behind your television should be black. Once upon a time, I had a huge area rug that was black and I nailed it to the wall behind the tv -- it didn't look bad. But then, my house always did get the looks. One year my Christmas lights were black lights.  I had a living room wall painted dark orange and had tube lights along the ceiling that were also orange. At night, if I had the blinds open, there was this orange glow you could see from the street. I wonder if people thought the place was on fire?

Before the orange lights, I had green ones. 

One year, my Christmas tree was all white with only black bulbs. Now that looked cool and although at first people thought it sounded crazy, everyone that has seen one said it actually was good.

I like your style BigStewManSteve

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

I like your style BigStewManSteve

But you didn't give it a "Like."

Just joking, saw some show the other day where these ladies are chatting after dinner. The one lady is talking about her vacation to Paris and the other one says, "oh I saw your photos on Instagram."  The other lady says, "But you didn't give them a like ... I didn't think you saw them because all my other friends that saw them gave them a like."

• Haha 2

Just now, BigStewMan said:

But you didn't give it a "Like."

Just joking, saw some show the other day where these ladies are chatting after dinner. The one lady is talking about her vacation to Paris and the other one says, "oh I saw your photos on Instagram."  The other lady says, "But you didn't give them a like ... all my other friends that saw them gave them a like."

Oh.... I'm liking it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1