Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I still like red beans best

It's one of the 2 types I like, I only eat them like they are cooked in N.O. cooked all day until they are creamy, no hard beans.

Mondays were always Red bean and rice in N.O., since before I was born.

They would  do there laundry on Mondays, so they put beans on and let them cook all day until that night. It turned into a tradition, many still cook red beans on Mondays.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dtel said:

It's one of the 2 types I like, I only eat them like cooked in N.O. cooked all day until they are creamy, no hard beans.

Mondays were always Red bean in N.O., since before I was born.

They would  do there laundry on Mondays, so they put beans on and let them cook all day until that night. It turned into a tradition, many still cook red beans on Mondays.

My Aunt used to cook them and then put them in a blender to nearly liquify them. they were used as the thick broth for a soup with some linguica, pork, and collard greens. My favorite meal of all-time. give me a bowl of that soup and you can have the filet mignon (which isn't the best of the steaks in my opinion). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I'm not the one closing it down, Klipsch is discussing closing Lounge along with other changes.

Please discuss with them if allowed the nature of most all the threads here that are purely from the folks enjoying the remarkable Klipsch sound and the comradery of other fans!! 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Please discuss with them if allowed the nature of most all the threads here that are purely from the folks enjoying the remarkable Klipsch sound and the comradery of other fans!! 

No politics, no race, no religion. They think it's so simple. Why do we need a "Lounge?" they say, seems like it's all political ranting, and we don't need it.

I say, "they will behave, don't worry."

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

So it's big game?

This is all a joke?

This has now gone political?

I think not, it's all going to be hidden and I'm starting a pool on who first will be to take a 10 day vacation. 

Since this was the next post after my post to Elden ... is it directed at me?  I'm getting confused here.

• Confused 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Since this was the next post after my post to Elden ... is it directed at me?  I'm getting confused here.

It wasn't directed at anyone, it was at the comments left over from the Covid thread. That's gone away so the typical MO is to drag it somewhere else, look like they drug it here.

We shall see.

11 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

It wasn't directed at anyone, it was at the comments left over from the Covid thread. That's gone away so the typical MO is to drag it somewhere else, look like they drug it here.

We shall see.

commented deleted upon clarification. nothing more to see here folks. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

I speak for only me, but I was talking about beans and I think my reply to Elden clearly shows that. If you suspect there is something nefarious going on, please call people out directly instead of lumping me in with your suspicions. That's not a cool thing to do and kinda surprised that you'd do that. 

I was referring to the posts that said "racist" and "bro", I don't think it was you.

On 7/19/2020 at 1:36 PM, BigStewMan said:

is it hard to handle?  the canam Spyder is a three-wheeled thing (bikers probably don't want them called motorcycles) but I heard someone say that they are hard to control.

On 7/19/2020 at 1:33 PM, dtel said:

When I rode in it yesterday your right it does NOT lean, but the way it corners is very much like a really good sports car.

I am not crazy about them, they have a really nice tube frame and good roll bar, but little or no protection from other cars. But I was happy our daughter got one, it is a little safer than the motorcycle she had as far as crashing on her own and does stop faster. The bad part is that little thing had a 201 liter car engine and is pretty fast, but does have wide car tires which gives good traction. It rides and feels like a glorified go cart.

Been riding for 40+ years, sporty bikes in general. The three wheelers in any configuration leave me cold. Not only do they look a bit odd but, although I have not ridden one, I understand the handling is wonky when compared with two wheels. When I get to where I can’t ride any of my bikes yet still want the open air, I’ll get a convertible car — 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I was referring to the posts that said "racist" and "bro", I don't think it was you.

no I wasn't involved in that string of posts ... thank you for clarifying what you were referring to. Apologize for acting out of confusion. 

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

So it's big game?

This is all a joke?

This has now gone political?

I think not, it's all going to be hidden and I'm starting a pool on who first will be to take a 10 day vacation. 

tenor.gif?itemid=11756047

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

• Like 1

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

no I wasn't involved in that string of posts ... thank you for clarifying what you were referring to. Apologize for acting out of confusion. 

No need to appologize, I would typically quote someone if I was referring to someone, but not.everyone does, so can be confusing. 

• Thanks 1