Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Scared the crap outta me and I'm 2300 miles away!

they are intimidating.  when I was a teen, we went camping at Death Valley.  Was climbing up some rocks and the guy next to me kicked my hand aside. I was about to put it directly on one. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I just saw the forecast for Death Valley ... this Sunday it's supposed to be 126 degrees.  hate be driving there and the car break down -- the could be deadly.

WOW....that can be deadly. I thought the 107 I experienced recently in San Antonio was hot.....holy heck!

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Scared the crap outta me and I'm 2300 miles away!

They are startlingly big. Very mellow.They behave like a cow. They don't get angry/defensive w/o a lot of provoking. Just plod along. There are other things more worthy of concern... scorpions, centipedes, rattlesnakes

Don't know if there are SunSpiders there.... Those give me the creeps. Not venomous. Won't say they can't bite the crap out of ya

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I just saw the forecast for Death Valley ... this Sunday it's supposed to be 126 degrees.

I haven't experienced temperatures anywhere near that since my 2008 adventure in Saudi Arabia.

I was not permitted to wear shorts, and wished I had brought my grandfather's thobe.

• Like 3