Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, babadono said:

To my friends in the path of these storms

Laura is the one to watch, Marco is right off the coast here and we just got some clouds this am and no wind at all.

I'm just glad Tarheel is not here, trees tend to fall around him and his area regularly.   But you mountain people don't have these problems, just the ground shaking, fires and maby a mudslide, I'll stick with an occasional hurricane, were used to them. If we had a earthquake here people would loose a grip.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The first storm shouldn't be bad.

7 hours ago, KROCK said:

Be Safe My Friends in the Gulf🤞.

It's rough, hope we make it, just terrible.:o

Just took this pic, it's looking South, and they say there is a storm 80 miles away, must be a clear one. 

image.jpeg

• Like 5

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, babadono said:

@dtel I know you are in contact with Kevin and Lisa ( @kharmondds ) a lot more than I,  please tell them to stay safe. Looks like no matter what Lafayette will get some of these storms.

We will, they have had nothing yet, but when the second one comes they will be closer than us if they keep the track as it is now ? We will keep up with them, she talks with them a few times a week and will call them soon and during Laura. And his brother Brandon, they live a few miles from Kevin, Brandon is funny.

I know Kevin he will be in his man cave covering and tying down his jubes and other speakers, he has his priorities.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I've never seen predicted storm paths swing so wildly from day to day, hour to hour like these.  I'm attributing it to the fact that they've never had 2 storms this close to each other and can't predict how they'll affect each other.

too bad they can't cancel each other ----

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Harvey was a depression when it hit us.  We got 55 inches of rain in 5 days.

in  1987 ---July  , there was 4 inches of rain within 2,5 hours in Quebec --- this picture shows a highway sign  ---it also hailed pretty bad , , the size of  golf balls --all cars we dented -

The Flood of '87 | Fagstein

• Sad 1