Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

9 hours ago, dtel said:

Well tomorrow is Sept 1 which means fall/winter is coming,

we've had 60 degrees or lower last week in Northern NY/Quebec  ,  rained like a deluge , and even the  geese  are getting ready to head South , the winter will hit us very early this year -no doubt about it -

• Moderators

Finished my grandsons bed, he designed it, it's all 2" thick wood and matches his desk. It's a full xl, an odd size but he outgrew the single, mostly in length. 

Glad that's done, now just a little end table for the head of the bed. Then finish remodeling the bathroom, then upstairs bedroom and I can start on my workshop.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

I will if y'all want to know or not, it's how we do things around here. :lol:

I am doing this inside stuff while it's hot and will start the workshop a little later, I can't wait to start on it, I have been wanting  a bigger workshop for years. Like that bed I only have enough room to work on one part at a time which make things really slow, I am using my table saw with a blanket over it as a table, this makes it hard to do anything.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dtel said:

Finished my grandsons bed, he designed it, it's all 2" thick wood and matches his desk. It's a full xl, an odd size but he outgrew the single, mostly in length. 

Glad that's done, now just a little end table for the head of the bed. Then finish remodeling the bathroom, then upstairs bedroom and I can start on my workshop.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Very nice and much like me, we build our beds. Mine however was unfolded from a box, laid out flat and after fitting the tiny air compressor  - Viola! Had me a bed — 

• Haha 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, richieb said:

Mine however was unfolded from a box, laid out flat and after fitting the tiny air compressor  - Viola! Had me a bed — 

Slept on those before, not bad as long as they hold air, the one we have has a slight leak somewhere it goes about 25% down overnight if I forget to turn on the pump sometime during the night. 

The mattress we have now was sent in a box, you open it unroll it and cut the plastic open to let it un compress. One of those foam things but we really like it. The first 25 years we were married we had a waterbed, I love them but now a little scared of all that water inside even after all that time with no leaks.

Grandson is happy, he had his new mattress on the floor while I was building the frame. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, dtel said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Beautiful Elden.

• Like 1