Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Quiet Today.

Hope every one is doing alright in the plague ridden anarchy, w/fires, hurricane in the SE, and the remnants of it raining like h@ll here all morning too.

Sorting stuff filling up the dumpster (our govt issued 3.5 ft tall about 60 gal trash cans with wheels) running the dehumidifier all day today I guess!

Showered at six, might change clothes and go up in the attic to categorize, remove or keep whatever's up there.

At least one of the fake Christmas trees is going, then have to dust off the stereo boxes and bring them down.

• Like 2

Yes things are real slow.  Here, FB, Audicircle, Steve Hoffman Forums, and Wimkin.  Repeating same old news over and over or nothing at all.  Boring........

Just made a run to the ABC store for supplies.  Ketel One half gallon and a flyer.....Jim Beam Repeal bourbon (non cold filtered).  The lady waiting on me said it was decent so I got a small bottle (5th).  We will see.

The high lite of the week will be weekly luncheon with the guys on Friday and then my concealed carry class Sunday. 

Life in the real slow lane.........

• Like 3

That slow lane must have followed US74 `cause I'm in it lately too.

Needed food so I did perogies just now, had sour cream leftover from the burritos earlier in the week. Almost made second coffee but I had close to a quart earlier and will do water the rest of the day because of that... hate k-stones.

• Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/key-cannabis-chemical-may-help-prevent-colon-cancer-researchers-say/ar-BB197pam?ocid=msedgdhp

Key cannabis chemical may help prevent colon cancer, researchers say

By Lucas Daprile, The State (Columbia, S.C.)  18 hrs ago

Lung damage could be permanent for some coronavirus patients, but…

NYC delays reopening classrooms again

Key cannabis chemical may help prevent colon cancer, researchers say

COLUMBIA, S.C. — A chemical in marijuana may be able to help prevent colon cancer, according to a new study from top University of South Carolina researchers.

© Robert Gauthier/Los Angeles Times/TNS Sunshine Johnston squeezes a bit of oil from a cannabis bud to smell for quality.

The study, published in iScience, found that mice injected with THC and a cancer-causing chemical did not develop cancer. Mice in a control group were injected with the carcinogen but no THC, causing them to develop cancer.

“We were really excited to see those results, which were so dramatic,” said co-author Prakash Nagarkatti, who is the University of South Carolina’s vice president of research.

THC — the chemical in cannabis that causes a “high” — prevented cancer from emerging in mice by reducing inflammation in the colon, said Nagarkatti, who is one of America’s leading marijuana researchers. This could be useful for people who have illnesses such as Crohn’s disease and colitis, where long-term inflammation increases risk of cancer, Nagarkatti said.

“We clearly need to do clinical trials and additional research needs to be done,” Nagarkatti said.

Chronic inflammation is also thought to increase risk for other types of cancer, such as breast cancer, pancreatic cancer and prostate cancer, Nagarkatti said.

“There are quite a few of these cancers that are triggered by chronic inflammation,” Nagarkatti said.

Nagarkatti’s conclusion corroborates anecdotal evidence THC may be effective in helping humans with illnesses like Crohn’s that cause chronic inflammation, he said.

In states where medical marijuana is legal, many people with inflammatory bowel disease who have tried using marijuana have reported to their doctors it lessened symptoms and improved quality of life, Nagarkatti said.

While colonoscopies have reduced the amount of colon cancer in older Americans, more Americans in their 40s are getting colon cancer, Nagarkatti said. Perhaps the most public example of this recently was Chadwick Bozeman, the South Carolina native and star of “Black Panther,” who died late last month at age 43 from colon cancer.

Mitzi Nagarkatti, the chair of the university’s department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology who is married to Prakash, is listed as a co-author on the study. The duo have recently published multiple studies on chemicals found in marijuana. Recently, they published a study that found THC may be able to treat a deadly complication of COVID-19 by tamping down a harmful immune system response to the coronavirus.

———

image.png

15 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Ah so

Flank steak huh?

Nice grandma!

* & I'd bet that is $45.00 worth of prosciutto! 

I doubt it.. this was $10... it's a domestic..

people get confused  the imported

is prosciutto di parma... and

Parmigiano-Reggiano both with dop..Denominazione di Origine Protetta

IMG_20200917_155258.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

I doubt it.. this was $10... it's a domestic..

people get confused  the imported

is prosciutto di parma... and

Parmigiano-Reggiano both with dop..Denominazione di Origine Protetta

IMG_20200917_155258.jpg

not this

Kraft 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese - 24oz by Kraft [Foods]