Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

54 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Check your images.  There are known images of Caesar.  He didn't look like some puffy doughboy.  Then check what the Roman or even  Italian nobility ate.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5883957/Julius-Caesar-crazy-bulge-head-3D-reconstruction-reveals.html

Screenshot_2020-09-23-19-45-55.png

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

This is a Youtube channel I subscribe to.  These guys do kayak tours where they live and noticed all these seals entangled in fishing line and the like.  Decided to free them and post daily vids of these little rescues.

(well, right about that time people A fur-trapper (who was strictly from commercial) Had the unmitigated audacity to jump up from behind my igloo (peekaboo) ) And he started into whippin on my favorite baby seal With a lead-filled snowshoe) I said, with a Lead- Filled With a lead filled snowshoe He said, peekaboo I said, with a Lead- Filled With a lead filled snowshoe He said, peekaboo He went right upside the head of my favorite baby seal He went whap with a lead-filled snowshoe, and He hit him on the nose and hit him on the fin, and he That got me just about as evil as an eskimo boy can be. so I bent down And I reached down, and I scooped down and I gathered up a generous Mitten-ful of the deadly yellow snow The deadly yellow snow, from right there where the huskies go! Whereupon I proceeded to take that mittenful of the deadly yellow snow Crystals and rub it all into his beady little eyes with a vigorous Circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined To take the place of the mudshark in your mythology Here it goes,the circular motion, now rub it! (here fido) And then In a fit of anger I pounced And I pounced again Great googly moogly! I jumped up and down on the chest of the him I injured The fur trapper Well he was very upset, as you can understand And rightly so, because the Deadly yellow snow crystals had Deprived him of his Sight And he stood up, and he looked around, and he said I can't see I can't see Oh, woe is me I can't see Well.....you know I can't see Nothin He took a dog-doo snow cone and stuffed it in my right eye He took a dog-doo snow cone and stuffed it in my other eye And the husky wee-wee I mean the doggie wee-wee Has blinded me And I can't see Temporarily Well, the fur-trapper stood there, with his arms outstretched across the Frozen white wasteland, trying to figure out what he was going to do about His deflicted eyes. and it was at that precise moment that he remembered And ancient eskimo legend, wherein it is written (on whatever it is that They write it on up there) that if anything bad ever happens to your eyes As the result of some sort of conflict with anyone named Nanook, The only way you can get it fixed up is to go Trudging across the tundra Mile after mile Trudging across the tundra Right down to the parish of st. alphonzo

Happy Friday folks. I've really got nothing to add here. 2021 is on the way...

In 2021 I will continue to work 5 days a week... "I hope"

In 2021 I will continue to drink coffee, tea, water and beer..."as long as money ""as we know it"" is still around"

In 2021 I will continue to look forward to retirement..."if social security is still available"

in 2021 I will continue to jam on tunes...

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

Happy Friday folks. I've really got nothing to add here. 2021 is on the way...

In 2021 I will continue to work 5 days a week... "I hope"

In 2021 I will continue to drink coffee, tea, water and beer..."as long as money ""as we know it"" is still around"

In 2021 I will continue to look forward to retirement..."if social security is still available"

in 2021 I will continue to jam on tunes...

Sounds reasonable.  I will continue to be retired.  I will continue to drink, Vodka, Scotch, and Bourbon.  I will listen to tunes and be happy these old ears are still okay.  I will begin down sizing my gear.  I may start drawing money from the portfolio so I don't have to leave it to Carl.

• Haha 5

I'm thunkin the grasshopper is buried in homework from a long day at school.  Couple that w/shed time after, firewood runs, chasing kittens, playing w/tarantulas and whackin weeds?  Sounds pretty serious to me.  BTW the ball return on lane 5 isn't working!  Perhaps "time-out"?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1