Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

12 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I'm thinking he lost his login info again and can't decide on a new name 😁

ding ding ding!!!  We have a winner

... and I couldn't remember my gmail acct info

I was reduced to lurking

laptop broke right after posting some Frank Sinatra in the vinyl thread

You know the sign at the repair shop ...

You can have it done

Fast

Cheap

Good

Pick any 2

I opted for cheap and good

What else?

I went to the hospital ... cardiologist there wanted to do a heart cath. I wanted a 2nd opinion. Seeing a different Dr, who speaks English as a first language.

Feeling much better w/o any thing being done except not taking an herbal supplement for prostate.

Got stung by a scorpion... on the balls

that was fun, too

especially the ice pack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

Glad to see your kicking, about the scorpion thing, if there hanging that low might want to tie them up ? :o Wouldn't want to step on them, only you.

2 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

lucky ,  no venom  ---in the ME ,  a scorpion can be lethal in some cases

He's not wanting any more kids but he did want to keep both of them, I am assuming it's a pair ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Glad to see your kicking, about the scorpion thing, if there hanging that low might want to tie them up ? :o Wouldn't want to step on them, only you.

He's not wanting any more kids but he did want to keep both of them, I am assuming it's a pair ?

he's gotta be the funniest  guy on this forum ,   the last  guy that was a bit  like him was @Duke Spinner

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

scorpions will crawl into dark places ... shoes, rumpled towels, clothing

the other morning -- early early in the AM,

I got up to go to the bathroom, stepped in cat puke... Went to the kitchen to get a rag to clean it up... the sink was covered in pissants. Cleaned that/them up/out. Finally got the the bathroom ... and toilet wouldn't flush. At 5AM, in the dark, I was shoving a garden hose down the septic line cleanout.

Now we're having fun ?!?

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

scorpions will crawl into dark places ... shoes, rumpled towels, clothing

the other morning -- early early in the AM,

I got up to go to the bathroom, stepped in cat puke... Went to the kitchen to get a rag to clean it up... the sink was covered in pissants. Cleaned that/them up/out. Finally got the the bathroom ... and toilet wouldn't flush. At 5AM, in the dark, I was shoving a garden hose down the septic line cleanout.

Now we're having fun ?!?

Not even counting the computer problem or the scorpion which would have been on top of the list.

5 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Thinking it's gonna be a short fall around here. 

The opposite here I think, this little cool front will not hang around long. I guess we have a good bit of warm/hot weather left.

But either way we just got some firewood delivered a couple days ago, were set for winter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Got stung by a scorpion... on the balls

that was fun, too

especially the ice pack.

What do you do if you get stung by a scorpion in Arizona?
Wash the sting with soap and water and apply cool compresses, 10 minutes on and ten minutes off, to the sting area.

Acetaminophen or ibuprofen may be given to treat the pain. If symptoms worsen, go to an emergency department or call Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222 if you are unsure what to do.Aug 5, 2016
www.azcentral.com › 2016/08/05
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Whew!  Sounds like everyone's still kickin!  A good thing.  :)  Thinking it's gonna be a short fall around here.  Temps are already dropping, flipped the furnace on, and COLD til mid-week w/a high in the 70's.  Ugh!

it's ok , no more grass to cut -snow is a month away --- that wuhan  bug is gonna see Winter hit it like a cannon ball -

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, dtel said:

But either way we just got some firewood delivered a couple days ago, were set for winter.

-it's a very odd year , the Canadian geese have been flying out south  for 3 weeks if not 4 ,  it's the first year , I see it happening since we were kids  

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

-it's a very odd year , the Canadian geese have been flying out south  for 3 weeks if not 4 ,  it's the first year , I see it happening since we were kids  

We never see them fly in or out at different times of the year, but there are about 25 that stay here year around. They had babies and the numbers keep growing, they never leave, I have no idea why ?  When they get big enough they do fly between our pond and the neighbors in the areas ponds. They are very loud when flying in groups, they fly here every morning and right before dark staying in different ponds.

This was 3 sets, when they have babies they chase off the others that land from the larger groups in the area. We don't scare them so they do come about 75' from us and don't seem scared, but can be noisy.  

yard-12 (2).JPG

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

We never see them fly in or out at different times of the year, but there are about 25 that stay here year around. They had babies and the numbers keep growing, they never leave, I have no idea why ? 

We had the same happening in our area , a few Birds never left and they had to be gathered and placed in protective areas during the winter -  nature is all messed up due to climate change -

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dtel said:

We never see them fly in or out at different times of the year, but there are about 25 that stay here year around. They had babies and the numbers keep growing, they never leave, I have no idea why ?  When they get big enough they do fly between our pond and the neighbors in the areas ponds. They are very loud when flying in groups, they fly here every morning and right before dark staying in different ponds.

This was 3 sets, when they have babies they chase off the others that land from the larger groups in the area. We don't scare them so they do come about 75' from us and don't seem scared, but can be noisy.  

yard-12 (2).JPG

The same thing happened in Toronto about thirty or forty years ago.  Some of the Canada Geese seemed to decide that staying there through winter was less work than flying south and back, so they hung in over the winter, and now they’re not really migratory anymore.  They also seem to prefer walking to flying.  When they want to go from the shore of Lake Ontario to spend the night in High Park, a few hundred metres to the north, they don’t fly there.

Instead, the herd (I don’t call them a flock if they don’t fly) of geese have to cross Lakeshore Boulevard, which is three lanes in each direction, with a wide grassy median in the middle.  They’ll walk to the edge of the grass, then one goose will hop down into the traffic lane.  He slowly moves into the lane until a car stops, then the rest of the herd hop down onto the road after him.  He blocks the next lane, and the next, and then they hop up onto the median and let the Eastbound traffic go.  Then one hops down into the Westbound lanes, and they repeat the process.

Once all of the herd, adults and juveniles, is safely across the road, they walk the rest of the way.  There is still a four-lane road, Queen Street West, to cross, but I haven’t hung around to see how they get across that.  I wonder if their flying muscles have atrophied from lack of use, so they’re no longer able for long distance flying anymore?  You see them fly occasionally, but they don’t seem to make a habit of it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dtel said:

yard-12 (2).JPG

Dirty too.

• Like 3