Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hi-ya @grasshopper

We have 40s at night regularly the past week or so, I would open up but our humidity goes up right around dusk to 60 - 80%. That's when I close up.

I've had the fresh air through here the past week when it's in the 40% range. Changed the air filter... at (*@&ing $10 + a pop it gets changed quarterly only now but that 1500MPR cleans a lot out of the air. I only have to vacuum the ceiling fans once a year since using those. Woke up to 58 inside several days now and I can't see or smell that it tripped the heat on yet that's set at 60.  It's on a two degree variance instead of the zero tolerance setup. I always smell the heat the first time it's used each year, like dust on the coils gets burned off or something.

Busy few days and I'm beat.

Elijah Craig to the rescue 1oz with an oz of water... I'm warmed up again and sure I'll sleep until six tomorrow!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Last time I did any roofing, I had to pay a guy to get the #90 felt up to the roof. I could pick the rolls OK... getting them up the ladder ... No.  There isn't enough of me to counter-balance the weight

I get my roofs loaded for the last 20 years or so. I can still load if I have to.  I rather pay to have it loaded. It's taking down the extra that sucks!  Doing roofing since 1972.........

• Like 3

I did some roofing (shingles) in 1972 when I got out of college to make some money for my pilgrimage to California.  The roof would get so hot that I poured water from the cooler into my boots.  That on top of 2 pairs of socks.  My friend and fellow traveler for the pilgrimage was use to roofing and would wear low cut Keds and no socks and not complain. 

Guess you could call me tenderfoot.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KROCK said:

It's taking down the extra that sucks!

that's not so tough... ya have gravity working for ya.  The pisser is having extra up there...especially if you had to lug it up.

I see that there is a claim the CBD rich marijuana may be useful in lessening vulnerability to covid...  

Almost moving now. Fresh coffee and a light breakfast - 3 scrambled eggs, toast and sausage.

Bread is making

dumb question

to egg eaters

How many eggs do you consider a serving?

I typically eat 3 or 4. Particularly scrambled.  I got some funny looks when I went thru 2 orders of Eggs Benedict. Maybe because I am quite thin... I dunno

• Like 2

eating light is not in my vocabulary... No problem with weight, except lack of... since I was 3. That's the last fat photo you'll find of me.

Oh...

we are getting locally grown heirloom tomatoes. finally. Was too warm in the early part of the season to get any in July. They won't set fruit when it gets too warm... which has been the theme for this summer.

talking about a few more 100`+ days [in Tucson] before a break. 99` Wheeeeee!!!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

dumb question

to egg eaters

How many eggs do you consider a serving?

I typically eat 3 or 4. Particularly scrambled.  I got some funny looks when I went thru 2 orders of Eggs Benedict. Maybe because I am quite thin... I dunno

Eggs in the morning are pure protein  ,that's ok  , eat as much as you want ,  and this will  help the body muscles   , but avoid  the sausage and bacon   as it raises the bad Cholesterol  --replace it with cheddar and  lean meat like chicken , fish ,  extra lean  minced beef , roast beef , potatoes -

later on  by 1-2 hours   ,and  once  you are active , you should eat meat sandwiches , but lay off the french fries , hot dogs and all these very  salty ,fatty ,  full of preservatives foods ,  instead eat quality meat , chicken , pork , turkey , fish , steak , roast beef -salad , with cheese and vegetables -  it's not how much you eat , that counts , but what you eat , and  avoid fast food when you get older is best  -

• Like 2

my definition of "fast food" is shrimp, fish, steak... Things that can come from the freezer and be ready to eat in 15min. I don't eat French Fries. I do make "oven fries". Sliced spud brushed with olive oil and some salt and pepper, in the oven @450` for 15 minutes or so... We buy olive oil by the gallon....

is it too early to think about Christmas/holiday/solstice lighting?

reason I ask

... the ones I put up last season finally gave it up... burned out.  They did good for 11 months in the branches of the trees. We had a lot of wind this year. That doesn't do them any good. Thinking of doing it different this year. Wrap the trunks and larger branches. See if we can avoid some the the stress of being tugged on when the tops blow....

• Like 2