Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I ate fried okra one time until I got a stomach ache. Knew things were tough without dad so I asked for as much as I could eat for my birthday. Being eight or nine I didn't think that one through too well. 

Sour apples are almost as good as watermelon in the summertime to me. Cut `em up with my pocketknife and sprinkle some salt on them! I can recall the flavor now! Can't even buy them like that at the farmers market though... so maybe wherever I end up will have a tree like that near!

• Like 3

looks like the two on the right could crack walnuts... if you dare.

Census worker stopped by.

Told wife to not bother filling the next one out on-line, if they are going to stop by the house anyway. Last one, we had a guy with a badge come by asking "voluntary" questions... if we didn't answer, a federal marshall was going to come by. Voluntary ???? Some of the problem might stem from this residence occupying 8 lots... each with it's own address, on two different streets

• Like 5

@grasshopper I didn't even have lobster until I was almost twenty.  Hey that govt. worker didn't have very good people skills. My little brother is doing that right now and has talked to me way  too much about it lately. When he has gone " out in the field" the badge and threat of escalation are not what he leads with. "They" are serious about it this time around it seems. But they sent me post cards telling me what to do online like I am going to give them my email addy. Ha! Tossed them. I waited for the old fashioned mailer to come and did it that way this spring.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, grasshopper said:

looks like the two on the right could crack walnuts... if you dare.

Census worker stopped by.

Told wife to not bother filling the next one out on-line, if they are going to stop by the house anyway. Last one, we had a guy with a badge come by asking "voluntary" questions... if we didn't answer, a federal marshall was going to come by. Voluntary ???? Some of the problem might stem from this residence occupying 8 lots... each with it's own address, on two different streets

As long as you weren’t collecting welfare at each address, the census person should have no issues once you clarified the situation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Islander said:

As long as you weren’t collecting welfare at each address, the census person should have no issues once you clarified the situation.

From what I understand "they" know who has not turned one in. And known addresses are going to be checked out, those people questioning folks are Federal Employees right now and citizens are required by federal law to answer to the census.

Wow sounds surreal when I look at what I just typed. Brother is across the highway from Clemson and they have sent him to Jax, Brunswick, now Charleston this week. Says in a week he is pulling in more $ than a month at the job he is on hiatus from. 

The swamp does as the swamp see fit, think they could appropriate the funds better!

• Like 3

The previous owner was renting this place.

Had 3 people in "the cottage... the "doghouse" was rented to an old lady for sleeping quarters [no water or cooking facilities] and I don't know how many were living in the main house...and was listed as 3 separate addresses.

I can see where some confusion could arise. They seemed particularly interested in the doghouse arrangement.  

The previous owner is known to be a finagler..

hope all of that is cleared up

How's everyone this AM?

We get a head count from the storm area?

Into my 4th cup of coffee. Approaching human.

Wife ran into a computer problem yesterday. Her computers [2 of them] would not hook up to Netflix or YT. Both are windows10 and they would connect the night before.   My machine was fine - I run Linux

We had shrimp fried rice and wife did not overcook the shrimp for a change.  Don't know how many times I told her to put them in last.... but she did this time... and they were succulent instead of rubbery

• Like 4

Fourth?

Man... my coffee cups are different I guess. I packaged up all of her tea cups already, those dainty 8 ounce things. Not saying that's what you're using just that I can't drink that much anymore! Mine are fourteen ounces and I've rationed myself to two of them lately. Got two 10 oz left from a set of very cool Kyoto Bronze china I used to have.

Me and delicate things do not get along. For penny pinching and because I don't want any more k-stones I've been making 24 oz instead of 32 every morning. What can I say, I'm addicted. One cup isn't enough!

Looked at the radar and looks like the center of it is due west of here and geeze we're getting torrential downpours when the heavy bands move through since yesterday morning.

Calling for 80 and sunny in a couple of days though!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Interesting...We mailed  ours in with no problem. Good luck.

Good luck to you.  I had my phone and water bills come back past due this week.  I always mail them the day after I get them.  Double checked my check register to confirm check numbers.  Called both companies and they never got them.  Had to pay by CC over the phone.  A co worker had the same thing happen to him.

I did mine on line.

• Like 2

Rarely send checks to anyone......everything done on line.  I remember my late wife told me how easy and quick it was.  I later tried it and she is so right.  Never write out an envelope or lick a stamp. 

I know a guy who is tech adverse and won't try it.  He even has his SS check mailed to him😑

• Like 3

I have to ask why a Cup is 8oz and the "standard" coffee cup is 6oz.... My cup is a 12oz mug. 3 "cups" is a half pot of coffee.

I can't say we haven't had some slow mail.... An insurance payment took 3 weeks to get from Amado to Tempe. Could have walked there faster... and it took a couple weeks for my sister to get my check for the LS and H/K. But they did get there.

My buddy has a problem with fedx dropping his packages everywhere but at his house. Funny that the substitute driver can find it...

we're still getting torrential sunshine.  Not that we expect different this time of year.... But, we have had some serious floods in Oct. Dead/dying hurricanes up the eastern Pacific. Don't think that is happening this year.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Good luck to you.  I had my phone and water bills come back past due this week.  I always mail them the day after I get them.  Double checked my check register to confirm check numbers.  Called both companies and they never got them.  Had to pay by CC over the phone.  A co worker had the same thing happen to him.

I did mine on line.

you don't suppose it has something to do with the PostmasterGeneral fixing the postal system?

• Like 3

Morning gang, found out I can use my bullet blender to grind beans. Since Costco has Starbucks French roast on sale, its been my go to. Grind fresh daily, 10 scoops, 9 cups of water, and the son approves as well.331dfa577675c6873c41c2ce48601466.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, grasshopper said:

you don't suppose it has something to do with the PostmasterGeneral fixing the postal system?

no idea why.  I've been mailing bill payment for years.  No more.  Nothing pisses me off more than a late fee when I know it wasn't my fault.

• Like 1