Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

local knowledge is a good thing.

I think driving 2 hrs to the Dr is a trip... you can spend 5 hours driving across LA. And there is traffic all of the time. It lets up a little in the wee hours of the AM, but....

driving a beater car helps.... That will gain a little driving space. They will see you as demolition derby driver.

got a laugh. Wife went to pick up a tire/wheel I left at the tire store... The girls at the shop were gushing about my appearance. I don't know what they see/saw... but wife said they were most interested in me.

guess I still have "it"...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

It occurs to me to ask how do they come up with the levels of participation such as Heritage Member and Klipsch Lifer that's on our Avatar pane? I understand it's by post count but what are those levels? 

they have this thing sort of like one of those magic eight balls except it has a random list of titles. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fimages2.minutemediacdn.com%2Fimage%2Fupload%2Fc_fill%2Cg_auto%2Ch_1248%2Cw_2220%2Fv1555389786%2Fshape%2Fmentalfloss%2Fmagic8_primary.jpg%3Fitok%3DFne-3teS&sp=1602866049T4b3208d39828f1e66f056023c70764e739514f18e40fe3b7bf30907558f00b2cproxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fencrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com%2Fimages%3Fq%3Dtbn%3AANd9GcSuWMHCPyyR5cEQaM5Jtqw7QLW0eR48Ap9EFMCDraQrgR0PJx3p%26s&sp=1602866049T376fe90fd130ce01d9f2617eae771fc281cddca69fbbc1433601274ed69ce428

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I'm of course not losing any sleep but am intrigued on how/why people get so many posts on the Klipsch Speaker Forum.

Yeah, some of those posts counts are way out there.

Not sure on the categories either. I'm "regular". Which is true, but I dont know how they knew that.

On my profile page, it say "legendary"!! I would prefer they post that. It is a little more impressive then "regular"!

Of course, there is still the fact that I couldn't care less.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, MookieStl said:
52 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I'm of course not losing any sleep but am intrigued on how/why people get so many posts on the Klipsch Speaker Forum.

Yeah, some of those posts counts are way out there.

Not sure on the categories either. I'm "regular". Which is true, but I dont know how they knew that.

I gather Heritage Member still mean over 5,000 posts.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, grasshopper said:
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Probably a gap in the sarong.

you're giving my "regular clothing does not accommodate my physique" too much credibility

I think it was the white shirt... long sleeves and buttons type -- not a tee

I had the same thought as Carl, but since you were not wearing one maby you're right ?

But also you normally don't see Moses walk out of the desert in normal dress clothes. But the long sleeve white dress shirts do tend to work, don't know why ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, BigStewMan said:
17 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

It's interesting how all of us got our post count up on the Klipsch Forum...Heck, I just realized I got my 1,000th "like" on the forum while my first 10,000 posts were made prior to them even having that feature. 

Hi Zen -- hope you are well.  You're probably like me (and several others that I've talked to) that lost thousands of posts a few years back. Like a few others, I'm still waiting for my toaster too.  Stay well. 

I was curious how many of my posts 15,544 were deleted/missing and found it was 10,327 of them. 🤔

• Like 3

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I gather Heritage Member still mean over 5,000 posts.

If I had to guess during some of the forum changes the post count got messed up, I never kept up with it over the years until someone pointed out how many I had. My first thought was no way something's not right. But I don't keep track of that stuff since it makes no difference, your post count and a dime will get you a dime. It might be a good count I have no idea.

I had to laugh someone who was new here sent me a pm asking about something about a speaker they had. I had to explain years here and post count does not mean anything as far as what I know about all the different models, make a post and ask everyone, I have no idea. They thought because I have been here 17 years I knew about all of this stuff, fooled them, I only know about what I have had and don't know everything about those.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dtel said:

But I don't keep track of that stuff since it makes no difference, your post count and a dime will get you a dime.

I totally agree the count doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things but some of these conversations have way more content than others. As we know most posts aren't about speakers or even audio.

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I totally agree the count doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things but some of these conversations have way more content than others. As we know most posts aren't about speakers or even audio.

Content, if content is important, or accurate content is needed we can reduce all the post by 90%, 99% for me. 

If I do not have experience with what model is talked about I usually don't comment, the rest of my post are :pwk_bs: post. Mostly because I don't want any more speakers or am I looking for anything better, so the rest comes down to :pwk_bs: topics.

No facebook or other forums, this is it and this burns me out sometimes and I just don't even bother to look.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Carl had it right... I was wearing a sarong.

.....with a white dress shirt

you should try wearing a  Kilt   one day ,   it is the Best , most comfy clothing for Men  , I know off ,  even in Winter -

• Like 2