Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

...on a lighter note

how cool is the Osiris-Rex mission?!?

I find it amazing that an asteroid has enough gravity to make orbit possible.  A sample to return from it is gravy.

Hope it don't return with something we can't deal with, we have enough problems with simple viruses. 

Hold the gravy please. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I agree @dtel  

This year has had enough sci-fi, hope there is no more.

I know for many it was not a good year and for many their last.

But for me it has been a great year, no change with the social distancing thing, normal or me for the most part and other things could not have gone better, now to just finish out the year above room temp. I got to remodel a few rooms here and get a new workshop, all labor for me but all needed to be done, the termites set things back but also got things started.

Great year

Like the late T2K said.................   Happiness is contagious. Infect someone today

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

an asteroid would give us something else to talk about. I can't tell you how many times I've been reading a thread on this forum and thought to myself, "if only an asteroid would strike the Earth right now ..."

I have said similar, but it was a small asteroid, kind of the personal type affecting just a few and not the whole earth.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Yessir a good positive outlook no matter what is the key sometimes Mr. Man!

What else do you have really, a good attitude friends and family, not much else matters.  

Your only here for so long, why be miserable or make others unhappy.   There are many good people here, it's obvious compared to most places online, and it's the same in person. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I've decided that I don't want to die quickly anymore -- I want to linger and be as much of an inconvenience as possible. 

Reminds me of a comic I heard he was talking about marriage. He said he hoped to be married a long time so he can harass her for many years to come, the rest of her life.

Someone asked me once if I would ever get divorced and I said no way, but I can't rule out a hunting accident. :o:lol:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

an asteroid would give us something else to talk about. I can't tell you how many times I've been reading a thread on this forum and thought to myself, "if only an asteroid would strike the Earth right now ..."

That would certainly make things interesting.

42 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I've decided that I don't want to die quickly anymore -- I want to linger and be as much of an inconvenience as possible. 

Haha....me too. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dtel said:

But for me it has been a great year,

happy for you; but then I'd hate to live through a "bad" year for you. Other than my brother, the only human contact I've had in months is talking to the grocery person as they put the groceries in the back of the truck -- and I'm talking through a window. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

what just happened? This must be some powerful wine because I was sure today was Friday, now I see on my computer that it's Tuesday. 

No worries - you’re on “wine time”. A simple calculation that crosses daylight savings time with standard time. If your mind says Friday, don’t fight it. Shut down your computer and have another slug. It will be next Thursday before you realize — 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, richieb said:

No worries - you’re on “wine time”. A simple calculation that crosses daylight savings time with standard time. If your mind says Friday, don’t fight it. Shut down your computer and have another slug. It will be next Thursday before you realize — 

well, since I haven't worked in over three years, every night is Friday night.  I'm not a stranger for losing track of time though, once upon a time, I "accidentally" ate some magic mushrooms and slept for 4 months (so I thought).  

• Haha 3

On 10/19/2020 at 9:31 PM, dtel said:

Just think in a few years (or now) people driving by will say, awe look at all the seniors getting together that's cute.

They should have been doing some Tai Chi in that pic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1