Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Its moving really fast and will be a one at most.  I'd have no issue whatsoever riding this one out.

They say maby a 2, but by the time it gets to us a 1, were not going anywhere. The nice thing is they saying a temp of 57 tonight and a high of 62 tomorrow, which is really handy when the power goes out, which only takes one tree. We have no problem with large rain amounts or flooding.

Muggy, 81 right now with the humidity at 85% and rain off and on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

not that one. He had done some mods to it... said it was pushing 110hp

Last bike I rode was an 800 Shadow...30 years ago.... on Kauai

Didn't care for it. Too low for my long legs

A small bike might tempt me....  100cc - 250cc. I don't weigh much more than a 12 year old.... 125lb

is Norton still in business. I remember the competition for quickest bike "back in the days" Norton vs Kawi

Yea someone resurrected Norton years ago. Triumph is doing well.

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

not that one. He had done some mods to it... said it was pushing 110hp

Last bike I rode was an 800 Shadow...30 years ago.... on Kauai

Didn't care for it. Too low for my long legs

A small bike might tempt me....  100cc - 250cc. I don't weigh much more than a 12 year old.... 125lb

is Norton still in business. I remember the competition for quickest bike "back in the days" Norton vs Kawi

Hey Bill, Willybob, Grasshopper.....would this be fast enough....https://hiconsumption.com/dodge-tomahawk-worlds-fastest-motorcycle/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, grasshopper said:

A friend had a Kawasaki H2 750 triple. Widowmaker

asked if I wanted to give it a spin

..."NO!"

I had an H2 750 triple that was bored over + 900cc , twin disks , blueprinted engine , welded and machined crank , racing titanium rods ,  welded cases for the center Cylinder no 2 that tended to seize ,  racing carbs  - Bike had a kick start ---

at acceleration the bike wanted to slip right under  the rider ---- the torque could rip your hands off of the handlebars ,  Z1 -CBX -CB1100F - GPZ1100  were tame in comparison , this was a big bore 2 stroke monster -

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Great bikes. My first street bike was a 1982 V45 Sabre. Then when on to about a dozen Honda Interceptors 

in those days , The best I had was the VF1000R ---and the CBX,  , what  a Fantastic Motor -

Honda CBX 1000 custom | Honda cbx, Kawasaki bikes, Honda bikes

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

in those days , The best I had was the VF1000R ---and the CBX,  , what  a Fantastic Motor -

Honda CBX 1000 custom | Honda cbx, Kawasaki bikes, Honda bikes

I never rode a CBX. I did own a 85 VF1000r, VF1000F, V45 Interceptor, VFR800fi, VF750 Interceptor....The single sided swingarm VFRs with gear driven cams were my favorite. I've been looking at newer VFR1200s lately. Always wanted a Blackbird also...and a Superhawk....and a.........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Always wanted a Blackbird also...and a Superhawk....and a.........

The Blackbird is a very underrated bike , the only issue was the braking system that shared the rear and front calipers  -------but handling , even at very high speeds was very surprisingly accurate -

-the Ninja  ZX12R was  created  to better  the front fairing section Aerodynamics  of the Blackbird  , and win back the Speed crown -

side by side    -you can see,  the Blackbird  , the ZX12R  , 2 very fast bikes , even by today's standards -

image.jpeg.a68329bb54b7ed19c7a1cdc6e562ca2d.jpegimage.jpeg.e4da22bf910608d5872949e4fe47fe0a.jpeg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

The Blackbird is a very underrated bike , the only issue was the braking system that shared the rear and front calipers  -------but handling , even at very high speeds was very surprisingly accurate -

-the Ninja  ZX12R was  created  to better  the front fairing section Aerodynamics  of the Blackbird  , and win back the Speed crown -

side by side    -you can see,  the Blackbird  , the ZX12R  , 2 very fast bikes , even by today's standards -

image.jpeg.a68329bb54b7ed19c7a1cdc6e562ca2d.jpegimage.jpeg.e4da22bf910608d5872949e4fe47fe0a.jpeg

I could talk about bikes all day....I guess I have. Then the Busa came to town.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

1999. Riding my 1990 ZX-11, minding my own business, confident that I was on the fastest bike around. (The best that the Blackbird could do was a tie.) Guy rides alongside on a brand new Hayabusa.

I just waved, gave him a thumbs-up, and went about my business. There was no contest.

30 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

the Busa has a tendency to injure wrists  ---------the Blackbird XX and the ZX12R were  more comfortable and  higher up--

1997 Honda CBR 1100XX Super BlackbirdHonda Cbr1100xx Super Blackbird Motorcycle Sales Brochure 1996 for sale |  eBay

2 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

do you still have the ZX11 -

I hit some hard times about a decade ago and had to sell it for rent money.

Modern bikes are so much quicker, faster, and more refined that it's hardly worth the nostalgia.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

The new 2021 Honda Fireblade CBR1000rrr (that's right, 3 r's) SP2 is a pretty cool machine. Has all kinds of electrical aids, gyrometer, lean angle readout, 214 hp, Ohlins electronic front suspension. Only 35k

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

I  am still looking for a ZX11 for my collection - 

I miss it sometimes. It was crude, uncomfortable, and fast enough to make you swallow your gum.

Zx11.jpg

Edited by Edgar
Added photo.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Back when the Dodge Viper came out I was in my Silverado half-ton on I-Drive in Orlando when one pulled up next to me. It was like going back to the early 70s when factory hot-rods driving down the road would rattle the windows occasionally. I could feel that motor's lope wherever I was touching my truck! Recall reading how the drivability was hard to deal with and creature comforts inside were non-existent.

About the third version drove by me a couple of years later somewhere else I was in the same truck, and it was much more polite!  That changed too and I guess the guys that have to have their blue jeans and cotton t-shirts super soft would buy those!

I loved the sturdy shrink to fit selvage 501s and the 100% cotton t-shirts. Have to look hard and pay too much now!

35k for a bike! Yikes!

• Like 1