Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
3 hours ago, grasshopper said:
3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

So I've just been beat lately, and while I am out of shape and the exercise thing I was thinking about was only that, I think it's more.

And I stumbled across Tommy Chong talking about Dr. Clark and nano-CDB. I heard some people talk about this here a year or so ago and I'm not going to pull the trigger quickly on something like this... but I will press both Drs that I see tomorrow with this issue. If to them changing the coreg to one of the other awful Rx's is the answer I will rethink this tomorrow night.

Can't change the hypertension directly caused by the immunos or my age but there will be a change soon dam*itt!

check your sources ... a lot of bs being marketed

The last election there was a proposition to legalize medical marijuana here, it passed by like 75%.   

• Like 6

18 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Spelling in American English is a tricky business.  It must drive ESL students batty.  Yes, “fourth,” as in what follows third, is spelled with a “U.”  However, “forty”is spelled without a “U,” while “fourteen” is spelled with a “U.”  It makes no sense.

The correct spelling of “forty” is forever burned into my memory after learning that I had been misspelling $142 on the checks for the payments on my Olds For-For-Too four years. 😏

Now that sounds like a deal. What year Olds?

19 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I'll beat Diz to it and correct your spelling....."fourth".   Yes Tarheel added another "C" even though he has never ridden a motorcycle.  This was required due to slumping ratings for the thread.  I may have to add pole dancing if things don't pick up😉

I have a feeling we will soon see some pole dancing vids 😁

17 hours ago, Tarheel said:

IMG_1542.JPG

Retirement looks like fun, I'll have to rig up a hidden camera!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Boy brought an 11 pound boneless beef shoulder "steak" [that's what the label said]. Cut a couple roast size pieces off and roasted the rest ... made shredded beef

selected my words carefully to avoid jokes about "pulling meat"

....beat y'all to the punch

The Canadian equivalent would “pulling his goalie”.  It’s a hockey reference, in case it sounds unfamiliar to you.  Probably first used in an episode of Trailer Park Boys, when the gang walked into J-Roc’s bedroom without knocking, and he hurriedly covered up, complaining loudly about people walking in while he was “reading”.  I think it was Bubbles who commented, “Looks like he was pullin’ his goalie”, which added to the mirth and merriment of the occasion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 11/9/2020 at 7:00 PM, geezin' said:

That's not really how you see it is it?

No, I was trying to be sarcastic and funny.  Most women don’t think like that, thankfully, but there is a certain percentage who do, and they get a lot of the attention, from both men and women.  In my whole life, I’ve only known a couple of them, but women like that sure can leave a mark on your heart, and sometimes on your bank balance.

It’s possible to compare them with a racing engine, if that’s not taking objectifying too far.  I’m not putting a label on them, but “women like that” can be like a racing engine:  great performance when everything is going right, but demands constant attention, and even when you think you’ve done everything right, they can still blow up.  Like a racing engine, they can be enormously demanding on your mental, emotional, and financial reserves, but when everything is going right, the ride is unforgettable!

Surely some of you have had similar experiences, or known a friend who went through a relationship like that?  Speak up now, or forever hold your piece, err, peace.  Since these flowers tend to be pollinated by many bees, there will be a surprising number of bees who have flown home with their stingers radiating both joy and pain.

Okay, I think that probably exceeds the limit of permitted double entendres in a single post, so I’ll stop now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dtel said:

The last election there was a proposition to legalize medical marijuana here, it passed by like 75%.   

Heck I doubt I could afford it!

Last time I smoked it had gone up to $40/oz, $100/oz for sinsemilla varieties the good Lebanese Blonde Hash, the Colombian Redbud and Acapulco Gold were extinct.

I can sip the good bourbon an ounce a few times a month or two oz infrequently. But weed? I dare not go near it again. Surprised I could function enough to support myself then!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I hope we do get freezing weather soon, but alas mid to high 70s lows in the mid 60s the rest of the week and the leaves will keep on falling a little at a time. Less than 48 hours from cutting the grass and vacuuming the drives with the lawnmower this is what I saw pulling up a half hour ago.

PXL-20201111-152001916.jpg

PXL-20201111-152011827.jpg

Not as bad as was when all the trees were still here, but I understand what @Dave1290 goes through. The next road over has a lot of big oaks and it does get knee deep at the roadside before they bag`em.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Heck I doubt I could afford it!

the $40oz stuff usually has everything you need to make your own... seeds

rec legal typically come with provisions for growing your own. Our legal rec came with 6 plants/adult over 21

a fat 6ft plant will make about a pound

also, not all varieties will leave you stupid and lazy

don't ask how I know

• Haha 5

I wish I needed such a beast.

Our "trees" are more like big bushes. Mesquites want to grow low. Maybe the sun beats them down. Typical big ones are prolly twice as big in diameter as tall

[I don't have any big ones on the property....No dirt or water on top of the hill]

they shed leaves all thru the cold months and will finally drop 'em all when the new growth pushes them off.

• Like 2