Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

@dtel that's gonna look amazing when you all get it finished.  You're doing it the right way bother.  Right down to the painting scheme.  You don't have any idea how I wish I were closer.  I'd be all over it.  Bullet proof that floor w/poly and the same with the paint!  Gonna be stellar and a showplace for at least the next generation or two.  The youngins will be sayin, "How'd they do that?"  :)

@JohnJ first day this week I rolled out, looked out the bathroom window and didn't see many leaves in the back yard.  Sunny and low 50's w/no wind.  Hope the city boys get here w/the vacuum SOON or I'm screwed!  hahaha  Dishes done and thinkin about firing up a pot of coffee myself!  Might survive this afterall.   :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, grasshopper said:

nah... I'd like to be her Daisy Dukes

-------------------------------

the joy of being a home owner,

"Honey, the kitchen sink won't drain"

Oh thanks... just what I wanted to do. Tried blowing it out with the garden hose.... No go...Waiting to see if chemicals will work.

fortunately, the bathroom is usable. Washing dishes in the shower.

Are we having fun yet?

May need to call a plumber

Before you call a plumber, get yourself a sink plunger!  They’re designed for sinks, and would be no use in a toilet.  They’re much smaller than a toilet plunger, and they do a great job.  I’ve seen baskets of them once or twice at Home Depot, in multiple colours.  Sink plungers are less than a foot tall, and the one I have has a handle a bit like a stick shifter handle.

If it’s just a routine food clog, it might be all you need.  If you have a double sink in your kitchen, you have to block the drain of the other sink, but that just means you put in the stopper.  I only use it once or twice a year, like when I should have thought twice before trying to send so much spaghetti down the drain, but it gets the job done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

You would ruin Carl's sex life just to enhance your own?!?!?!

Some friend you are.

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Yep.......would give Carl's right arm for a few hours with her.

That’s pretty good, Mook. But you should have killed two birds with one stone. 
‘Heel for a “few hours with her”. Now That’s the real chuckle. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Islander said:

get yourself a sink plunger!

save you some trouble.... get a "blow bag". Attach it to a garden hose... turn the water on. It swells with back pressure and seals itself in the pipe. .... Is way better than wrapping a rag around the hose.

One of these

I got it cleared

this wasn't an easy clog. Nothing simple, like junk in the trap....it was well beyond plungers being useful. These are what I use first ... they work.

If it doesn't, you NEED a plumber

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Don't hammer that plunger too hard and blow your pipes apart

that is one thing you might think about when using a blow bag. My Mom would get plugged kitchen drain.... I would pull the trap and get the blow bag.... I had water come out the vent on the roof once in a while.... The clog would go away, though

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, babadono said:

White with pink trim? I'm gonna need more drugs:)

It would help, strange, I would have thought black and white would have been more popular. 

It's worse than white and pink in person, the wall are an off color of something, not white and a really strange shade of pink if that's what is supposed to be ?

Strange part is the wall in that room was painted the same color before, we didn't notice until we went to paint and it started to dry.

Want to see more odd colors, this is another room.......strange, I told them we need to put up a sign saying we're not color blind it's just original colors for 1920. 

museum (2).jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

save you some trouble.... get a "blow bag". Attach it to a garden hose... turn the water on. It swells with back pressure and seals itself in the pipe. .... Is way better than wrapping a rag around the hose.

One of these

Those work great we used them in the restaurant business, I would like to get one to blow out our main line out to the tank. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, grasshopper said:
1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Don't hammer that plunger too hard and blow your pipes apart

that is one thing you might think about when using a blow bag. My Mom would get plugged kitchen drain.... I would pull the trap and get the blow bag.... I had water come out the vent on the roof once in a while.... The clog would go away, though

A friend used one and it blew rice out of the vent pipe on the roof, someone put alot of rice down the drain.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2