Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

21 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Yeah but Carl's amphibious.....he can use either hand.

“Amphibious” coming from the grammar police, really? If forced I’m sure Carl could live on land or water as he is quite versatile. 
And yes I have no doubts Carl is “ambidextrous” - the ability to use his left or right hand - and with his frequency of need probably does.

And uses both hands simultaneously when performing his famous party trick - making slushees - 🤲🙌👋🍸🍹

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, dtel said:

A friend used one and it blew rice out of the vent pipe on the roof, someone put alot of rice down the drain.

That means the clog is past the point that the horizontal pipe connects to the vertical drop.  Those should be cleaned by dropping the "blow bag" down the roof vent past the horizontal arm.

• Like 1

Mornin' All

how's everyone?

A bit fresh this AM... normal temp for a couple days

I am enjoying advanced technology --  running water in the kitchen.  That project interrupted some planned recreation.  Was going to go to the lake.

sucking up some Mexican coffee this AM. Was drink a local dark/light blend. Finding I prefer light roast

Another neighbor passed - a week ago now. Somehow we ended up with 3 kittens he had. We can't take them back to the person he got them from.... she passed a week earlier. They're raising hell. One nice thing about 2 [or more] kittens at a time... they kinda entertain each other - until one gets a bad idea and the other two join the fun...

Getting time to start thing about the garden prep, already   Want to start some tomatoes this year. Maybe a few pepper plants... Not the chile pequins... those are like weeds. No idea how the seeds are spread, but every potted plant I have has them pop up.

I don't have much dirt/soil on the property. If I want a more extensive garden, I can fence a piece at my buddy's. He has some bottom land.... deer, cows and javelina, too. 

Friday 13...oh

Another day in the hood

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

@dtel those colors are period spot on.  The way it was back then.  Rice is hated more than Charmin by most of the plumber/snake dudes.  It NEVER disintegrates.  Just lays there forever it seems.  lol  Some of those blowbags can be fun!  Just pricey when you want to get rid of them.  😂  😂  :)

• Like 3

On 11/12/2020 at 9:23 PM, sunburnwilly said:

938A43F8_FC20_4B5C_8745_89A08DA1A314.jpe

#14 Gauge:  Absolute minimum size for speaker wires

#12 Gauge:  Better size for speaker wires

#10 Gauge:  Even better size for speaker wires

#8 Gauge:  Now you're talking!

#6 Gauge:  Let me know where you get connectors that fit.

#3 Gauge:  Okay, you're just showing off!

• Haha 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

@dtel those colors are period spot on.  The way it was back then.  Rice is hated more than Charmin by most of the plumber/snake dudes.  It NEVER disintegrates.  Just lays there forever it seems.  lol  Some of those blowbags can be fun!  Just pricey when you want to get rid of them.  😂  😂  :)

It was Sherwin Williams who said they were right, but it was a big surprise to me. I know popular colors change often, I just expected them to be a little more tame.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1