Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Instead of the sound of the expected four banger, there was the rumble of a 3.5 liter Buick V-8.

One of the best, performance wise, engine swaps I ever did was put an aluminum Buick 215 V8 into a wire wheeled, chrome bumper

MGB. You can carry the bare V8 block around with 1 hand.

• Like 3

survived the turkey. I got a surprise when I got a good look at the product description....

Fully Cooked

We don't know where this thing came from... we agree that neither of us bought it. SIL must have given it to us [from the food bank].

I am pondering why one would buy a cooked turkey... it was a whole bird. Looked just like a regular frozen bird. Silly part is, it takes as long to heat the thing up as it does to cook a raw bird. [That had me scratching my head... no, not fleas....]

I couldn't put stuffing in it. That kinda changed the plan. 

I did the best I could with it... not real happy with the results...better than a turkey hot dog

A couple more cups of coffee and I will decide whether I want to suit up to go to the lake. Sposed to top out in the low 60's. Appears we are having the child today. Wife has a stack of papers to grade. The pile has grown out of the office door. I bet the kittens will get confine to the bathroom while she is doing this.   They're so cute when they are playing in all of the little piles of papers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I have some feeling about this topic...

I'll stay out of it. I'm not any kind of engineer.

............I used to have a Lionell

It still too brisk to think about the lake. mid to high 30's.  Sun's just breaking the horizon.

Wife told me what she wants for Christmas....She has finally given consideration to my idea... and will settle for panel as wall covering in the kitchen, except for behind the stove. That gets sheet rock and I have metal to put on top of that... up to the hood.

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Wife told me what she wants for Christmas..

Your doing better than me, I never have a clue so I have to guess. We don't get presents for each other but Christmas is also her birthday so I try sometimes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My problem is, I tend to get her something I think she would like. Had a couple, "I need to get her something... I don't care for this [whatever IT is]" to have her love the item I bought out of desperation.

My wife, I could say baffles me, but all wives do that to their spouse... On year, she wanted a ladder for Christmas. That is kinda understandable. She is vertically challenged.

Ended up going to the lake about 10. Got home 3:30 with a mess of fish to clean. Wasn't the nicest day to be out. Cold... Might have made 60`.  .. and some wind. Glad I was bank fishing.

Been packing them in ziplock snack bags and freezing them... 4 fillets fill a baggie. That's a light serving.

... after I got back, wife tell me that the kid wanted to go fishing, too. That would have been fun. Next opportunity, I will. She can prolly get along the game trails/cow paths better than me.

now it's time to kick back by the fireplace with a cup of coffee and relax.

.. .........some more

a couple of days until we can legally admit to liking marijuana. An initiative passed making recreational use legal. It becomes effective as soon as the election results are certified. Nov 30 is when they are supposed to announce the official results.

• Like 3

On 11/24/2020 at 9:43 PM, grasshopper said:

... was just thinking

these new engines, not even high performance models are getting 1HP:10cc displacement.  That's what we were getting out of our old motorcycles - early 70's. And thinking our little motors were doing pretty good for it.

F1 engines in the 80's were doing 1 hp per cc , and they could have made even more if they were not restricted -

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

F1 engines in the 80's were doing 1 hp per cc , and they could have made even more if they were not restricted -

I was at a school once back in my military days. the instructor was ratting out one of the other instructors. He told us how the prior weekend, this gal had rented a car. The lock for the trunk was missing from the car and apparently this lady stopped at the gas station and saw that and figured it was the hole for the gas tank and proceeded to pump gas into the trunk.

she returned the car because it smelt like fumes. Can't figure out why. 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

she returned the car because it smelt like fumes. Can't figure out why. 

lucky for her that she did not light up a cigarette -----------there would have been a 21 Gun Salute -

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

That seems high. A quick search shows Senna's 1984 F1 engine with 600hp and 1500cc.

The '86 BMW M12/13/1 put out over 1400HP in qualifying trim (didn't live long there :D  .) Rules allowed for turbocharging with displacement @ 1.5 liters. NA engines were allowed 3 or 3.5 depending on what year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

That seems high. A quick search shows Senna's 1984 F1 engine with 600hp and 1500cc.

the  1983 1500cc Brabham F1 Turbo car ,   had 1 to 1 horsepower to cc  displacement , the engine block  was the BMW M10 from the  60's 1500cc car engine ,  all the F1 engine blocks were taken from car engines with + 100k kms  making 80hp  -  the BMW M series cars borrow the name from the M10 engine block --

image.jpeg.ce4bff7d4e2f58edd592dec2489164db.jpegimage.png.741a3c5edd31bfdd970c25a0e03eb470.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

the  1983 1500cc Brabham F1 Turbo car ,   had 1 to 1 horsepower to cc  displacement , the engine block  was the M10 from the  60's 1500cc car engine ,  all the F1 engine blocks were taken from car engines with + 100k kms  making 80hp  -  the BMW M series cars borrow the name from the M10 engine block --

image.jpeg.ce4bff7d4e2f58edd592dec2489164db.jpegimage.png.741a3c5edd31bfdd970c25a0e03eb470.png

In my youth I was also a passionate BMW driver. They were really great cars, with great comfort and fun factor.

I had the 1502

1502.thumb.jpg.61d3a0523efe9fff91eea8a9dad5580c.jpg

The 325 i  M 3

202824620_Screenshot_2020-11-28BilderBMW325iM3GoogleSuche.png.d8ffcd57fa9df006e143c85fe4768681.png

and the 530 i

83939-1995-bmw-540i-6-speed.jpg.920870fc4704eafaab56f4fe3505647d.jpg

• Like 4