Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

As one falls, another is already in place and twice as big, in China.

yep , China   know have  the best telescope on Earth, but we still have Hubble into Low Earth Orbit  -:biggrin:

• Like 3

Is it chilly where y'all are?

Made it to 40 by a little after 2pm est yesterday, did not get any more warm and it was blustery outside all day. Up to almost 50 today but it wasn't outside at 7am this morning.

It should feel like December now, if only we could get a hard freeze to last 48 or 72 hours to kill the bugs I would not have to thump the occasional spider off the storm door.

• Like 4

Got most of the linens packed up so with the heat set at 60 one fuzzy one with a knitted blanket on top. then woke up cold the other night and grabbed one of the mexi-blankets that I left here for packing stuff and it does the trick. You know the striped ones, ran two though the old washer and dryer and they got pruny, all puckered up. My newer ones from the 90s do not do like that so these were the dog's blankets for a while. The heat has run at least once an hour for the past two days, I still doubt we'll have a winter. Haven't in more than a decade now.

• Like 3

I guess I shouldn't complain about seasonable.  It is fresh in the AM. 25` or so. We do have a fire in the stove.

Went to walmart today. Bought lights for the outdoors. Found a couple little things to... a pack of PantherMartin lures and a mop stick. Asked the cashier if I could get the mop stick gift wrapped... It is a surprise for the wife.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators

Cold here for us, 28 a couple nights ago, our first frost but highs in the high 50's and 60 today, only lit the heater once so far this winter.  Rain tomorrow and almost 70 and lows in the high 30's starting this weekend.

1 hour ago, geezin' said:

'Bout the same here. No electric blanket I open up a -20F sleeping bag and toss it on top of the quilt. Toasty.

I love my electric blanket, my wife gave it to me a a Christmas present years ago. It has dual controls because I get colder than her, if it's really cold I leave it on low because we close the door so heat from the woodstove don't warm the bedroom. We like the room cold but not he bed.

I only put it on about an hour before I go to sleep and turn it off when I get in the bed. It is used to just warm the bed so it's not cold to get in. 

• Like 3