Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Islander said:

At first glance I thought it was a tiny skating rink

They are kind of rare here and always inside.

1 hour ago, babadono said:

That there is funny:laugh: Ice skating in southern Mississippi:laugh: Funny

49 minutes ago, babadono said:

I meant outdoors and you know I meant outdoors⛸️

Outside would cause long lines, everyone waiting for the water to turn to ice, and it would never happen.

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, KROCK said:

Keep the water on until the last minute. I do tunnels & roadways.

we keep the water on for 30 days! Lookin good, Mr Kotter!

Oh I almost forgot, don't forget the Termite flange.

That's what I read, 30 days is about 80% cured and the more water the stronger the concrete. I also heard keeping the form it for a few extra days helps also, less surface open to the air , helping hold in water.

What is a termite flange, never hear of it ? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Cleaning my wonderful Cuisinart coffee maker this morning.  Been playing with it for an hour now!  This just isn't right!  I WANT MY COFFEE!  😡

Nothing else to report.  Carry on my wayward friends!

WAIT! Check that "clean" water out will ya?  It's a wonder I'm not dead with all the junk floating in that "clear" water rinse cycle.  I guess "if it doesn't kill ya it just makes ya stronger" could be true.  Couple more cycles and I might just try a pot or two!  Being pathetically worthless can be a good thing.  :)

Might need to hit it again with that vinegar water, but then you have to rinse it eight or so times.

Four stage filter now and I haven't had to clean the brewing part since, try once a year or so and nothing comes out. It does take care of raising the water level to where it's supposed to be though. Use a half a dishwasher tablet to clean the stainless thermal pot though it turns a nice amber color often.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dtel said:

That's what I read, 30 days is about 80% cured and the more water the stronger the concrete. I also heard keeping the form it for a few extra days helps also, less surface open to the air , helping hold in water.

If your framing, its an angled piece of tin or aluminum that the sill plate sits on, so the termites can't get into the wood. About a 60 degree angle.

Termite can't walk upside down...

Weep Screed Deflector - WSD1309 - MTIdry.com

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dtel said:

here you go -another type https://store.buildblock.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=ADCE3D69BD8F49B88F47A4379FDE6728

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, KROCK said:

If your framing, its an angled piece of tin or aluminum that the sill plate sits on, so the termites can't get into the wood. About a 60 degree angle.

Termite can't walk upside down...

Oh OK, no there is no wood it's a metal building. But it does come with what they call rat guard which covers the bottom of the sheeting ridges on the sides so nothing can get in.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

aren't those the chocolate cakes covered in marshmallow with pink coconut on them?

No but I know what your talking about, they look much better than they taste.

This kind of snowballs, well that's what they are called here it may be a snow cone in other places?

best-snow-balls-new-orleans-shaved-ice-metro-atlanta-georgia-21475817.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dtel said:

No but I know what your talking about, they look much better than they taste.

This kind of snowballs, well that's what they are called here it may be a snow cone in other places?

best-snow-balls-new-orleans-shaved-ice-metro-atlanta-georgia-21475817.jpg

Is that called a shave ice in Hawaii?  In Canada, I think they’re called slushies.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Islander said:

Is that called a shave ice in Hawaii?  In Canada, I think they’re called slushies.

I had a feeling it was just called different things in other places. They tend to call many things by a odd names here, they kind of make it up as they go it seems.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1