Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

TGIF... Putting up a gate this weekend. A person gate, neighbor fabricated it to match the driveway gate. I dug the footing trench for it last weekend. I'll be all ready for the fence whenever the hell those people in Texas can manage to get it to me...been waiting over 4 months so far.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 12/7/2020 at 10:41 PM, RandyH000 said:

Take  the Redoxon B   ------Vitamins 2x per day , at sleep and around noon , they will allow you to remove some of the soreness  -

---Redoxon-b Orange Effervescent Tablets Redoxon

Ok I should have taken your advice, we did nothing and it felt like it. 

We both woke up sore the next day, and everyday after just got worse and worse. We got to the point I was hoping to get to and decided to quit and rest a day so he could drive back without feeling like he had a butt whipping, still drove home sore I know because I am still sore. Knees,  elbows and most of the muscles in between are sore. 

It's past the point of the frame being bolted together, squared and tightened down, I'm very happy with how far we got. It's a relief to be past the heavy part, the frame, one part alone was 350 pounds and it went in the highest part. It's sheeting and trim from here on, I can do that by myself.

I don't know if he will see this but if so,  Thank You Very Much, it was FUN but rough and you saved me from trying some crazy things to get it to this point. Not that some of what we did was not crazy because it was. 

Today I just cleaned up, picking up everything and moving the extra dirt. Going to take a break with some rain days and not be so sore when I get back to work.  

How it stands so far.

shop (19).jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

FYI.....our ABC stores have Elijah Craig in the Christmas package and it comes with a bottle of Old Fashion mix.

Oh. Sorry Chuck and you too Carl, I meant the EC Barrel Proof that I could not find since March. Bought two then 1 1/2 is gone.. have not touched that half since late June.

The 12 year Knob Creek is good for this sipping lightweight. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, dtel said:

Ok I should have taken your advice, we did nothing and it felt like it. 

We both woke up sore the next day,

-----great job ----the hardest is done  , except for the roof -

---Steel , Concrete is hard work , you want to feel better ,  start adding bananas to your diet (  ripe )  eat  1-2every  hour  ,  a bit of  nuts here and there  ,  by the end of the day , you wont feel a thing  -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

-----great job ----the hardest is done  , except for the roof -

---Steel , Concrete is hard work , you want to feel better ,  start adding bananas to your diet (  ripe )  eat  1-2every  hour  ,  a bit of  nuts here and there  ,  by the end of the day , you wont feel a thing  -

We ate a few bananas this week but not nearly enough, after the first day I did drink enough water, the first day not so much.

Yes the hard part is done, the roof part will not be to bad. Like I have done before I don't plan on climbing on it, just screw it down from the side of the sheet like I did the house. But also I was 24 years younger. :lol: big difference

I am feeling much better just a little sore and slow to get up but nothing hurt. That is why we quit, before one of us pulled a muscle or something else that takes a while to get over.  Overall not bad for two 62 YO guys, that's the story were sticking with anyway.  

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, dtel said:

Overall not bad for two 62 YO guys, that's the story were sticking with anyway.  

it's good you did not do the job in full summer , I can recall  ,Atlanta , in the summer ,+ 100 degrees  heat  ,  one needed ice cubes 

to cool down -

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Oh. Sorry Chuck and you too Carl, I meant the EC Barrel Proof that I could not find since March. Bought two then 1 1/2 is gone.. have not touched that half since late June.

The 12 year Knob Creek is good for this sipping lightweight. 

Got barrel proof here at home also.  Funny thing about those.  I've bought them from the low 120 proofs to the upper 130 range.  They taste different obviously.  Usually there's no problem getting them around here.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

it's good you did not do the job in full summer , I can recall  ,Atlanta , in the summer ,+ 100 degrees  heat  ,  one needed ice cubes 

to cool down -

True, it was planned like this. I had termite repair, then a bedroom and bathroom complete remodel, done while it was hot leaving this for cooler months.

I know, in the summer your lucky to get half as much done as winter per day, the heat just wears you out. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

True, it was planned like this. I had termite repair, then a bedroom and bathroom complete remodel, done while it was hot leaving this for cooler months.

I know, in the summer your lucky to get half as much done as winter per day, the heat just wears you out. 

termites , hurricanes ,  what a year for you guys  , the steel building you are building , looks real strong , and it will get even stronger once the steel panels are screwed in -

-does this building have 1 door or a second door  in the back

• Like 2