Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

You Lucky dog you!

On the way!

Love it, have only had the high 30s on the four I've bought since I ditched four roses. It is "allocated" here and somebody else found out they liked it I guess.

godoggo.jpg

Thats nothing.  I picked up a George T Stagg this morning!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

The sandwich bread and the shortening with something taken out of it.

I have bought bread once since my mother had to go NPO over a year ago. That was some Publix Chicago Italian that has a good consistency and tastes ok. Got turkey sandwiches for almost four days after Thanksgiving this year. For me since the whole wheat changed too... it's gotta be layers of turkey, S&P, and Dukes on white bread.

You must remember the way bread was bigger before b*$ry&m@chael.

And before the saturated fat was taken from the shortening?

Martians, greenies, a political party ruined our "Americana" food. Weren't potatos (no e in there this isn't england) banned from the schools when the cardboard stuff started being served to the kids there? The banning of partially hydrogenated vegetable oil ruined all the candy with any fluffiness to it... glad I was not eight or twelve when that happened!

Ya know back when "Ya can't eat just one lays potato chip"?

Been PO'd since the demise of potato chips, my most favorite of all foods. Pringles is about the same though... but they've always been different! 

Guy that is a cook here told me about the Armour Premium Lard. It is actually more healthy that today's crisco, way better for me than using bacon grease to bake cornbread.

Works for a better flavor when searing a roast too.

Ah hell, I don't eat right anymore anyhow. Coffee was breakfast, Late July tortillas with Herdez Salsa Verde  & sharp cheddar cheese for lunch. Now for a snack after doing laundry, finishing the lawn, making a cardboard crate for a framed mirror, rockin out with Cheap Trick and the Four Horseman it is these in the little cans I got two for $6 earlier.

PXL-20201212-194521050.jpg

Mix those with cashews and pistachios.

• Like 3

All over the map with listening and enjoying an Old Fashion.  Leonard Cohen,  Mark Knopfler,  Diana Krall.  Never listened to Cohen much but I bought a couple of his CD's just to see.  Cranked the sub up a bit.....sounds better. 

dtel is Big Stew really moving in?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

some days you just need to drink and listen

Indeed. Perfect day for a listen in my neck of the woods. Had about 4 inches of real heavy wet snow.

Ran some errands after cleaning of the truck off, I'm back home with tunes on and beers are flowing.

It is so pretty outside with the snow stuck to trees and making the branches bend over.

Are you a Leon Russell fan?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Where are you MyOwn?  Yep I like most of his music.  Good to know I'm not drinking alone.

I'm in Council Bluffs Iowa, I got to see him play live years ago, it was a great show for being at a bar.

I will drink with you tonight 🍻

7 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

I'm in Council Bluffs Iowa, I got to see him play live years ago, it was a great show for being at a bar.

I will drink with you tonight 🍻

Glad to have the company.  Broke a 17 day dry period yesterday.  So on Old Fashion #3.  Listening to Mark Knopfler "Sailing to Philadelphia."

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Broke a 17 day dry period yesterday.

I've been thinking about going dry for a bit myself, for a single guy I've been drinking way to much in 2020... On a positive note I have a beer flowing and some Pearl Jam going right now.

• Like 3