Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 12/13/2020 at 1:47 PM, Marvel said:

Yup...

Wife and I went to see these two last year.

v_cruz.jpg

I know why you went....

...........the wife, did she go to keep you honest?

bah

winter....bad enough it's dark most of the day. Does it have to be cold too?

anyone else having trouble with their satellite tv? Reception is kinda spotty.  I presume it's related to the aurora display... Phone has been a little off, too. "Bad connections"

Here's one that is near on-topic

Is there  better reading of CDs using a CD/DVD player over a straight CD player? And do they [generally] translate digital to analog better?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I know why you went....

...........the wife, did she go to keep you honest?

bah

winter....bad enough it's dark most of the day. Does it have to be cold too?

anyone else having trouble with their satellite tv? Reception is kinda spotty.  I presume it's related to the aurora display... Phone has been a little off, too. "Bad connections"

Here's one that is near on-topic

Is there  better reading of CDs using a CD/DVD player over a straight CD player? And do they [generally] translate digital to analog better?

Well, it was her idea to go. We sat about 12 feet from them, whike they sang and danced.  Same costume as in the photo.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 9:39 AM, Marvel said:

I got 100ft of this last year. Really nice wire, very flexible as well.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/home-theater/speaker-wire/kord-speaker-wire/sp/kord-ultra-flex-12-gauge-

100ft is about $45.

Their Karma SS (Smoke and Silver colour) speaker wire is only $69.99, and may be the better value, since it’s of twisted pair configuration, which tends to reject interference, and it comes with a protective outer sheath.  The strands are extremely fine, and like the Kord wire, it’s very flexible.  The wire is also tinned, making it very resistant to corrosion, so you’ll never see it turn green, unlike the Home Depot wire, which is also very stiff.

12 hours ago, Islander said:

Cute.  Who are they?

Pat,

Of course I can't remember their names. They are singer/actresses/entertainers from the Philippines who were doing a tour. The performance was in a church gym, with tracks played back on a Bose system. Very overdriven audio sounded pretty bad... the ladies were great.

Ok, here they are... Rachel Alejandro and and Geneva Cruz:

https://lifestyle.abs-cbn.com/articles/7842/hot-stuff-fab-in-their-40s-us-based-geneva-cruz-and-rachel-alejandro-talk-about-whats-next

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lots and lots of cold rain, it's still just 34 at my place. Heard the sleet hitting the bathroom window at about 6a but too warm to stick and that's good. It's windy and I'd bet they are getting some white stuff up in the hills right now. Smells and feels like it when I've been out today!

22 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Just cool with rain here.  I bet Mikes getting some white wet stuff at his place.

Construction on a replacement shed scheduled for Friday.  This was the old one.

IMG_0079.JPG

Turn the picture sideways and it looks like a tree grew out of the shed.

• Haha 1