Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

25 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

he's a protected species now ----usually seen in Vermont  , after all night parties

I lived within sight of Lake Champlain for four years. Never saw so much as a hint of Champ. Lots of dead trees floating in the water, though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Edgar said:

I lived within sight of Lake Champlain for four years. Never saw so much as a hint of Champ. Lots of dead trees floating in the water, though.

Exactly , Champ is New York and Vermont  folklore , we  all claim Champy is around  while fishing or next to a camp fire   , some old folks say they even saw a U Boat in WW2  ,  but that's another story for the tourists -

220px-Champmascot.JPG

• Like 1

How y'all doin' today?

I don't know what came over me... I did something truly out of character

I just pulled the trigger on a brand new pair of RP600Ms for the doghouse....

gonna give the R 15Ms and an amp to wife's secretary. She does like music and doesn't have any kind of stereo, beyond the teeny little speakers in her laptop.... I'm need to scrounge up a patch cord, so she can stream and/or use her 'puter for a CD player.

.... now I have to stop looking at speakers. They  will come up cheaper and I don't want to know about it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Though I grew up in Michigan, never took up ice skating, as I liked sports with my feet firmly planted on the ground.  But watching this vid that Ive seen several times over the years and knowing the cool sounds that ice makes, I wouldn't mind learning and doing. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

the 80s.

I graduated HS in the 80's "1980" exactly...you think i gave a crap about much except getting laid...

Getting laid brought me two beautiful kids "I raised them" I was married twice...

First marriage...She want's out

Second marriage...She didn't like my kids

The 80's also brought me to seek why?

Seeking Why.... can take you all over the place. 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shiva said:

Though I grew up in Michigan, never took up ice skating, as I liked sports with my feet firmly planted on the ground.  But watching this vid that Ive seen several times over the years and knowing the cool sounds that ice makes, I wouldn't mind learning and doing. 

Pretty nice story. When I lived ih Madison, WI in the early '80s, a young woman friend decided to ski across Lake Monona to get to work. Although it was across and not the length. Maybe from where Orton Pk on the Madison side to Arrowhead Pk on the Monona side. It looked flat, until she got in the middle of the lake and slid into a shallow depression. She kept sliding back into it. Finally took off her skis and managed to crawl out of it. She almost got fired, showing up over an hour late for work. If it had just been over snow she would have made the trip in about 35-40 minutes.

• Like 3

Do you miss the weather? I'm from Michiana, operative word "FROM"... miss the weather... uh no. I'm quite OK with bad weather being too much sunny, warm, dry being bad weather.

We get a sample of winter every AM this time of year.    22`this AM ... on its way to 72`....throw a little wood on the fire...

Wife tickled me when I told her I was getting some new speakers....

..."You aren't getting rid of the big ones [the LS] are you?  ... I like them".

I guess I'll keep her

• Like 6

Geeze it's almost afternoon in my day today at 8am. Woke up with the rain at 4a so I had to go. Made some coffee at five and yuck🤢!

I've had Nicaraguan before and it was alright, but not this two pound bag that I just opened. Arrgh, don't like it sweet, don't like it flavored but what else can I do besides toss it!

Got plenty of extracts: almond, butter-nut, real vanilla, then the peppermint and orange I'd never try. Then there's maple syrup... talk about sweet though, or milk... with after dinner coffee that's ok but nope to that too. I'm gonna shower before the heat dies off for the daytime, I let it kick up at six for a couple hours.

Paper here has been talking White Christmas for this town for a week, it keeps popping up on the scroll-left feed on my phone. The ground is too warm for it I think, highs in the 50s coming won't help either. They say we had one in 2010 here? Nope, that's bull, I was here. Not on the southside 6 miles north of the city limits now. Maybe miles north and west of here but that isn't this berg. Geeze.

See? I've got it documented:

Wet Snow started as faint flurries 12-25-10 about 5pm. 

Build up on colder (everything above ground) objects by 10pm.

1-12-26-10-7.jpg

It was snow the day after Christmas. That doesn't count in my book!

That pic's caption says 12-26-10 7:17 am

• Like 4