Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

48 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I grew up in central Illinois, lived in Wisconsin (beautiful but the winters are too cold), now in north Georgia. Much better, but we're planning on the Philippines before much longer.

see...

you are getting smarter.  The weather here is about as mild as it comes on a year round... and it's still too cold in winter.... I would winter in HI, if I had the resources. July - Nov are fine... the only time it's not so nice is June. Spring is OK... a little cool, still

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Shiva said:

So, for you guys that live in cold climates, its 54 degrees in my home in So. Cal.  At what point do I turn the heat on?😀

It's currently 54 inside your home? How cold is it outside? That's a little too cold inside for me. Our home stays about 68 year round.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

It's currently 54 inside your home? How cold is it outside? That's a little too cold inside for me. Our home stays about 68 year round.

My phone says it's 48 degrees outside. perhaps, I should close the windows a bit more and turn on the heat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Shiva said:

My phone says it's 48 degrees outside. perhaps, I should close the windows a bit more and turn on the heat.

If you like it that cold, save your heat money. I do like it chilly, but not cold. My wife is in her mid 40s, and recently has been turning the temp down (mid life!) She likes it colder than I do.

• Like 4

I don't run the heat at night as it sometimes wakes us, so this thin walled house just gets to the temp it does til morning.  I do take a certain pleasure in seeing how cold it can get, while my girl and I are safe and warm beneath the down comforter.   My place has a reverse floorpan, with the bedrooms downstairs, so it is even colder than the upstairs. I do remember a morning bedroom temp of 38 degrees one year.  👍 The heat is going now, the house warming up nicely.    

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I don't run the heat at night as it sometimes wakes us, so this thin walled house just gets to the temp it does til morning.  I do take a certain pleasure in seeing how cold it can get, while my girl and I are safe and warm beneath the down comforter.   My place has a reverse floorpan, with the bedrooms downstairs, so it is even colder than the upstairs. I do remember a morning bedroom temp of 38 degrees one year.  👍 The heat is going now, the house warming up nicely.    

is this how you warm your home

1fd5288923ec220e-.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

that's a little cool to let fresh air in

if the sun is up and shining in the windows, I go sit in the sun [indoors]. We open the house as soon as the outside temp exceeds the indoor

It is supposed to hit low 70's today.

My wife would let the place get cold so she could wear her sweaters... Still can't figure that one out..............

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Marvel said:

I grew up in central Illinois, lived in Wisconsin (beautiful but the winters are too cold), now in north Georgia. Much better, but we're planning on the Philippines before much longer.

20190106_132950~2.jpg

Got my doubts that you´re moving to the Philipines....Not enough space for your gear , not enought current supply ....

20190814_160943.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Shiva said:

Though I grew up in Michigan, never took up ice skating, as I liked sports with my feet firmly planted on the ground.  But watching this vid that Ive seen several times over the years and knowing the cool sounds that ice makes, I wouldn't mind learning and doing. 

he should  have been using competition skates with longer blades   , they dont cut into the ice from the front part of the blade , and he can skate much faster in case the ice  breaks under his skates

How to get into speed skating | Friendship First, Competition Second – An  Amateur Sport Website

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

So, for you guys that live in cold climates, its 54 degrees in my home in So. Cal.  At what point do I turn the heat on?😀

at 70 -----we dont get any heat from the Sun , remember , so we need to boost the heat up to at least 75-80 to keep steady heat -

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Got my doubts that you´re moving to the Philipines....Not enough space for your gear , not enought current supply ....

I will be downsizing... after all, it's just stuff.

And the Phils runs on 220-240.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Agree on that,  but the room acoustics will still be bad    LOL

They aren't really good now, but everything still sounds amazing. Plus, it's all powered with a 20 watt amp. That's the great thing about horns.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1