Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

18 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I actually bought a bottle of Proof last night.  Best Old Fashioned I've ever made along with being incredibly easy.  Ill use it with some of my lesser favorite bottles.

I use half the Proof recommended since I don't like sweet drinks.  Make these giant square ice cubes too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

You know everything about me, you should not always look in my profile. laughing.gif  

w_schrift_u_17.gif         to you and your familiy Randy. All the best wishes for 2021 .

Fröhliche Weihnachten  George 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our Christmas gift-giving with the kids is long over. It is midnight here . My kids are busy with their presents, my wife is upstairs in the house reading a new book. We had nice hours, very good food, cooked , drank good Red wine and had a lot of fun. Nevertheless, it was not as usual the years , no visit from friends or related , everything done only via phone or WhatsApp. I'm streaming relaxing lounge music through my network player , drink some more French red wine , enjoy the sound of my gear and just let myself go well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

just now turned it on ... have never seen it; but my brother says it's really good. 

58 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Anyone else watching the Band of Brothers marathon on the history channel? 

One of my most favorite war movies! the longest too. Could not watch it now. Not sure I have that channel anywhere on the roku and without the Supers to play the sound of one of the most emotional soundtracks ever, let alone the 88's in the Ardennes! I love the orchestration in that series.

• Like 3

Gave away alla da pies I made yesterday. "Due to the Pandemic" more neighbors at home. So I had to knock out five more real quick to restock the house, for the kids to share with their SO's. This years production was about 45 pies, between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Not as low as 2018, the year of the great gourd shortage, but next year should be better. 

NOTE: I still have enough punkin for 7 more pies, but this is the strategic reserves.

IMG_1174.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It's getting serious here. Expect to have "visitors" into my home before Feb. Not the green ones, but prospective buyers. Moved my stuff to a larger storage bin today, there was not going to be enough room for the appliances and yard implements and other tools. Brought home the boom-box and cassettes will be packing some of my furniture and the stereo soon. Not the best way to spend Christmas Eve but things are happening that could be great in the long run!

It's wet here. Dang it's wet, then the temp drops twenty degrees for the high tomorrow... we might get flurries after all. I won't get up early for them though!

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Shiva said:

Anyone here want to learn to play a Bronze age Celtic war horn?  The Carnyx.  

That guy is a real musician!  The only other time I heard a carnyx on YouTube, it didn’t sound musical, it gave out the kind of battlefield blare that would have scared the Romans out of their sandals, if a dozen or a hundred carnyxes were being blown at the same time.  The world was relatively quiet then, with probably the loudest sounds being shouting men.  The carnyx is loud and creepy at the same time (not in the video above, clearly), so it would have had a possibly demoralizing effect on the people being confronted by a large force of bloodthirsty Celts.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MicroMara said:

can't trust that either... lol

Vinylwechsler.png.698327293ff6af626be176b3c486f14d.png

Why not? In my stoner days, it was absolutely necessary, not only to avoid issues of dexterity, but to avoid having to think about what to play next.  Load up 6 on the old Gerrard, hit the chair and not get up till they all played, then flip the stack.👍 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Islander said:

That guy is a real musician!  The only other time I heard a carnyx on YouTube, it didn’t sound musical, it gave out the kind of battlefield blare that would have scared the Romans out of their sandals, if a dozen or a hundred carnyxes were being blown at the same time.  The world was relatively quiet then, with probably the loudest sounds being shouting men.  The carnyx is loud and creepy at the same time (not in the video above, clearly), so it would have had a possibly demoralizing effect on the people being confronted by a large force of bloodthirsty Celts.

Another cool feature is, you can hide your body behind a big rock and still blow the crap out of it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, dtel said:

No way, we need nice looking legs, not the hairy ones connected to parts I'm not interested in, I can picture it now, the nice ones anyway.

Like Steven Tyler said, "those legs go all the way up and make an azz out of themselves"

Legs all the way to heaven!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Shiva said:

Why not? In my stoner days, it was absolutely necessary, not only to avoid issues of dexterity, but to avoid having to think about what to play next.  Load up 6 on the old Gerrard, hit the chair and not get up till they all played, then flip the stack.👍 

Back then, double records were cut with changers in mind.  My copy of Electric Ladyland is cut as follows:  Side A is backed with Side D, and Side B is backed with Side C.  That way you can stack the two LPs on the changer and A will be followed by B.  Then, you get up and flip the stack, so Side C will play, then the other disc drops, and now you listen to Side D.

One time, I was at a party, and when I picked up the host's copy of the album, I saw that the Side A LP was backed with Side B!  And C was backed with D!  Wow!  It felt like a glitch in my reality, like in The Matrix.  I later figured out that it must be a later pressing, now that changers were not as popular as they had been in the Sixties, when that record came out.  It did give me a moment of weirdness, when things were already a bit weird...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night of enjoying (your Klipsch speakers and) your cheery company!

Long may we roam (to get a pair of bargain priced speakers).

Much may we smile, as we think of the better year to come (and the likely upgrades to our system).

Merry Christmas from Vancouver Island, to all the great friends who I spend so much time with!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Islander said:

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night of enjoying (your Klipsch speakers and) your cheery company!

Long may we roam (to get a pair of bargain priced speakers).

Much may we smile, as we think of the better year to come (and the likely upgrades to our system).

Merry Christmas from Vancouver Island, to all the great friends who I spend so much time with!

same best wishes to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2