Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Just looked here for today, than you all for telling her happy birthday, I will tell her later. She fell asleep on the sofa, it's been a rough couple days preparing to cook and everything else. She had a good day, a birthday cake and about 15 or so sing happy birthday, that's alot for an old person. :lol:

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Streaming a playlist of David Lanz (several albums).  Great quality sound....recommended.

Used to have Crisofori's Dream... on cassette. I should look up some better quality releases. Really liked his work.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

@Shiva

Service above and beyond.  If I were the delivery person, I would not risk my neck.  Clear your driveway or collect your packages at the curb, if they aren’t stolen first.

Reading about the vid on youtube, the homeowner told the delivery guy to just leave it at the bottom of the drive and he would figure out how to get it.  The UPS guy insisted on making the attempt. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dtel said:

Just looked here for today, than you all for telling her happy birthday, I will tell her later. She fell asleep on the sofa, it's been a rough couple days preparing to cook and everything else. She had a good day, a birthday cake and about 15 or so sing happy birthday, that's alot for an old person. :lol:

Amazing , a Birthday on Christmas Day  , that's like hitting the lottery  every year --Merry Holidays and Happy Birthday to Your Wife -

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

UPS guy, on an icy driveway, making sure his delivery gets there .👍

My best Friend took a fall last Christmas on his driveway  , on a small icy patch  , he broke a leg and a foot , best advice in , icy conditions ,  salt your driveway before somebody  in your Family falls and gets hurt  -

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Amazing , a Birthday on Christmas Day  , that's like hitting the lottery  every year

yeah sure

Like my wife's b'day and Mothers'Day tend to land on top each other..

My b'day comes about the time all the bills from Christmas shopping show up... That's why I bought my birthday present before that happened....  I have to pay car insurance.....due on my b'day...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

Reading about the vid on youtube, the homeowner told the delivery guy to just leave it at the bottom of the drive and he would figure out how to get it.  The UPS guy insisted on making the attempt. 

This is when you just walk across the yard in the snow to pick it up. It's not even that deep.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I opened one of my Christmas gifts just now...

... the bottle of Glenfiddich.   14yr old single malt.  I'm smilin'.  My glass is, what I think was, a votive candle holder/glass..  A mini-snifter w/o a stem. 

take that !!!

an on-topic

back in the day ... the bottle was also the glass. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

bottle of Woodford Reserve

worst stuff I've ever had was Captain Morgan; but a close second was Four Roses ... I won't even pour that stuff down the toilet. How it gets rave reviews is beyond me. someone gifts me Four Roses and I'm gonna ask "what did I do to you?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5