Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Well today UPS brought my present for my squirrel problem, Merry Christmas squirrels. 

A pellet gun, 1250 FPS, easily enough for squirrels. I was afraid the 22 could hit a neighbor, or there house.

Just tired of the squirrels chewing wires and everything else out in the tiki bar.

51mjGcLHQwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 3

I've probably mentioned this before, but one of the tv news photographers I worked with in Memphis (45 yrs ago), had worked a a newspaper in Texarkana before moving to Memphis. On Fridays, he would take his pellet gun to work. After they were done for the day, he would go pick up a 6 pack and head back to the paper, where he would retreat to a seco d storey back window... His would sit and drink, shooting rats in the alley below. He said there wasn't much else to do on a friday night.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marvel said:

I've probably mentioned this before, but one of the tv news photographers I worked with in Memphis (45 yrs ago), had worked a a newspaper in Texarkana before moving to Memphis. On Fridays, he would take his pellet gun to work. After they were done for the day, he would go pick up a 6 pack and head back to the paper, where he would retreat to a seco d storey back window... His would sit and drink, shooting rats in the alley below. He said there wasn't much else to do on a friday night.

I'm ready for that.  Probably have to set up on the roof.

@Marvel Hi Bruce and hope you had a wonderful Christmas.  The first place I ever worked the foreman would bet people a case of beer ... here were the only rules ... they had a gun loaded with blanks, he would have to draw and fire before they could pull the trigger.  I never took him up because I was tipped off by the owner NOT to take the bet because the foreman would win. Apparently he was a very skilled quick draw artist. 

your story made me remember working at that place because all the crews would hang out after work and drink beer. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Nice, what brand is that? I can't make it out in the pic.

Gamo varmint, it was cheap enough, $100 with the scope. What I liked was no pumping, just crack the barrel all the way once add a pellet and it's ready. 

My neighbor loaned me a pellet gun without a scope and it was hard to aim with my eyes,  especially without bright light. Plus I figured it's going to be a long fight, not just take out one squirrel and it's over. I need to set the scope but it is easy to aim and bright looking through it. We will see ?

https://www.amazon.com/Gamo-6110017154-Varmint-Rifle-177/dp/B07VGJP2BG

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Sounds like fun, I'm after tree rats, only difference.

Had a piece of scrap metal 26 gauge so I shot it from about 25' and it went right through it, so I know it will be fine for squirrels.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dtel said:

Well today UPS brought my present for my squirrel problem, Merry Christmas squirrels. 

A pellet gun, 1250 FPS, easily enough for squirrels. I was afraid the 22 could hit a neighbor, or there house.

Just tired of the squirrels chewing wires and everything else out in the tiki bar.

51mjGcLHQwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

this is what you need !

• Haha 1

My dad and uncle used to bring them back from trips to the forest.  It wasn't granny, but someone else I think who was good with them.  Dad says the key was to really marinate them first.  The only time I was near a stew was in Grayson, LA and it smelled pretty bad.  I guess it depends on what they have been eating.  Acorn fed hogs are absolutely delicious, I will attest to that, there is a special ham from Spain made from them and wowie talk about delicious.

• Like 2