Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

If anyone is interested in small game prep and cooking, find an old (I think from the 50's or earlier) edition of The Joy of Cooking.  There is a lot of information in there that was edited out of later editions regarding small game.

Edit:  I just checked our copy and the 1975 edition, which was printed at least up to 22 printings to 1981 has the prep and cook information, which should make it easier to find.  It's quite fascinating, and good survival info if you end up having to eat the critters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Never tried squirrel cooked in any way but they better hope I don't try it and really like it.

Like rabbit never cared for it either, but while at a deer hunting camp a really old guy volunteered to cook some rabbit stew if we went and got him some rabbits, when he cooked it the next day it was amazing.

It just depends how it's done I guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Never tried squirrel cooked in any way but they better hope I don't try it and really like it.

Like rabbit never cared for it either, but while at a deer hunting camp a really old guy volunteered to cook some rabbit stew if we went and got him some rabbits, when he cooked it the next day it was amazing.

@dtel tiki bar what really happened.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, dtel said:

Yep you have to take the fur off and the insides out.....discard. 

• Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, babadono said:

I insist any hog(pork) I eat be raised on truffles:)

Happy New Year OT.

Ok then, I wouldn't expect anything less. :lol: It is the favorite thing for hogs to hunt for, but the hog usually don't get to eat them.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Set the scope on the pellet gun, it's at "about" inside an inch at 50'. I had the grandson do some of it since he is more steady then me, if I miss it will be my fault, and I will miss some for sure. I hate when the squirrels laugh at me. :(

The first one I shot about a year ago was with a 12 ga shotgun, he was trying to chew a hole in the back of a Heresy, he got about halfway through, Plus he ate up the speaker wires, I had to rerun them in metal conduit. 

• Like 3

Happy almost tomorrow folks 🍻

I hope everyone is doing as well as they can be...

I need some help....

If you were going to move into a different apartment with multiple floors..

Which is less likely to piss someone off?

And say you had a pretty OK system...But only RF7-ii's no sub...

The very first floor / or the top last floor?

Music is either radiating up or down...Or is in-between a better choice?

I listen at a moderate to high level. But I'm currently only center 12ft from my speakers... Also I'm on the ground floor and no one has complained in 8 years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

Happy almost tomorrow folks 🍻

I hope everyone is doing as well as they can be...

I need some help....

If you were going to move into a different apartment with multiple floors..

Which is less likely to piss someone off?

And say you had a pretty OK system...But only RF7-ii's no sub...

The very first floor / or the top last floor?

Music is either radiating up or down...Or is in-between a better choice?

I listen at a moderate to high level. But I'm currently only center 12ft from my speakers... Also I'm on the ground floor and no one has complained in 8 years.

The RF7 MK II doesn´t need an additional sub. First floor will be difficult because of bass frequencys going into the flooring, top floor will not pissing off your neighbors , middle floor seems to be complicated because you´ll hear the sound in the first and top floor as well. But it all depends on the room structure and overall room damping within the different floor levels. Even the flooring itselfes plays an important role, not so easy to find an answer ......

9 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

So... if I take the top floor, what base is radiating from RF7-ii's will be less intimidating to the building?

The bass frequencies from 120 Hz to 30 Hz are the ones that cause the floor to vibrate the most, there help quite solid and better pucks under the speakers to decouple this much better from the floor, at least when it comes to wooden floors that were laid on floating screed.

Try those from Dynavox, 50 mm diameter,  available in black also, easy to mount under the RF7 MK II`s

DYNAVOX ALUMINIUM FÜSSE für Hifi Geräte , Absorber , Pucks , silber , 50 mm  - EUR 19,50 | PicClick DE

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

you didn't need a gun in that case, you could have just put on some miley Cyrus music and killed the squirrel that way .

Then it might try to kill the speaker, plus I would have to hear it.

i went out there it ran into the trees so i went inside got a cut off shotgun and laid in the hammock, 10 minutes he came back, for the last time.

An hour later i still heard scratching by the speaker, I turned off the music and the scratching kept going. So I got a ladder and took off a piece of the metal siding and found the nest and where they were hewing the speaker. There were 3 half grown squirrels in the nest, I put them in a 5 gallon bucket. Trying to get rid of them my wife put it ion facebook and 5 minutes later someone said they wanted them, not there across town.

This squirrel thing has been going on with me for years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1