Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

@dirtmudd  Scary, but you've got it covered!

Fingers crossed that it is that simplest, least expensive byproduct of using a little much fuel system cleaner. I'd bet it's still running the factory fuel filter. Or maybe just using it, haven't done that in a while! & O2 sensors just bring out the four letter words. The way he treats his rides I would not expect anything more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Tarheel I hope it is quick easy fix for you.

I've had an airbag light on on my 2015 F150 for 4 weeks now. Heading into dealership this coming Friday for a diag.

To all here,  Happy New Year a day late...LOL...

Got some Black Label Society playing and a few drinks flowing.

• Like 3

I'm still trying to break in these RP's... They are right nice little speakers... especially for their size.

... and I'm still under my budgeted $2000 for stereo . Especially since I bought the RP's brand new... Seeing them at $440 sealed the deal on them.. With the LS, H/K 630 and new RP600M's, I'm in $1900.  Granted, I am using an old Sony receiver with the RP's.. I got 2 decent sound systems for the money. The Sony is rated 110W/ch in 2channel.

What would be the gain if I bi-amped the RP's. I'm not running a sub with them. They give plenty of bass after listening to R15M's for 2 years. They will pin you to the wall in this 12 X 12 room. Happy?   oh hell yes

Packed up the R15's up for the trip to their new home. I spose I should go with them and set up the stereo for this gal..

Hey...

Any of you have static cause problems... particularly on CD/DVD players?  I remember boards for the computer scoring system, at the bowling alley, coming in anti-static packaging...

----------------------------------------------

We were talking about a Griswald Christmas display.. I took a cruise around town, that's a short trip here....  what I saw in relation to my lights... Yeah. I guess I'm the Griswald of town.

I drove "out of town"/up the hill... to a place on the road where I can see cars coming into town a mile before they reach "City Limits"... Looking toward town, I cannot see our house, even with the lights. Actually, I can see cars 2 miles before they get here.. See them coming down the hill.

I am liking this Glenfiddich.   Good sippin' stuff.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

@dirtmudd

Hey Mike,

How were your holidays? and Gia?

Ours were quiet. Like we throw a big party...lol

Just wife and me at NewYear's. Christmas dinner was a success. Fed total of 6 over the course of the day. I have no complaints.

Gia wasn't with me Xmas eve Just in the morning Xmas day.. and threw the weekend.. and New year's eve..

it's been quiet covid is getting out of hand here..

And that's it for now...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Just enough snow on the trees to be beautiful, not enough to cause problems.  Didn’t Bing Crosby sing about dreaming of a “White January 3rd,” in Detroit or was it Dave Bing?

A071600C-3393-47B7-A8A8-F3EEA57AF450.jpeg

Hey Diz......I'm sure it's quite pretty but the file was not found.  Rain here for two days.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Hey Diz......I'm sure it's quite pretty but the file was not found.  Rain here for two days.

Chuck,

You quoted it too quickly.  I was busy twisting the forum’s arm.  It’s there now.

I was pulling for the Tarheels last night, but to no avail.  The announcers mentioned that Mac Brown reminded his players the last time UNC football played in a bowl game was 1950, the year before he was born.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, grasshopper said:

that is a real thing...We don't have it in our household, but folks w/o cats do. Packrats are bad about chewing wires and hoses.

We had a $2600 wire repair last week caused by rodents.  Had to pull the dash and evap case to fix everything.   Colder weather drives them into vehicles.  We've done a half dozen or so in the last couple months.  Injector and coil wires are a favorite as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

When I worked in the service department of a Volkswagen, Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, & Subaru dealership, a customer brought in his Rabbit (another rodent) with a complaint of runaway cruise control.  When we opened the air cleaner, the housing was full of dry dog food.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

When I worked in the service department of a Volkswagen, Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, & Subaru dealership, a customer brought in his Rabbit (another rodent) with a complaint of runaway cruise control.  When we opened the air cleaner, the housing was full of dry dog food.

We see that too.  Popular "homes" are ac housings, air breathers and under the intake manifolds. 

• Like 2

We had a truck come in one time with a vibration whenever the ac blower was on.  The customer never mentioned the smell but the inside of the truck was bad enough to make you vomit.  When we pulled the blower we found a family of dead rats.  It liiked like they had been in a salad spinner for a month.  You can use your imagination on what it looked like.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1