Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

5 hours ago, dtel said:

Almost 24 hours since a post in this thread so an update.

Almost done, a little trim on the back top rake edge and 2 roll up doors and it's done. Well except for electrical and a couple benches then deciding where the tools will go.

that was quick - wow-------looks really-----really  good  , waterproof , and no wood to rot , or mold  or termites

• Like 4

Mornin' all

survived another b'day.  99   er..... 66

Was a quiet, uneventful day.  .Just what I wanted. "Celebrated" by cracking a bag of Kona coffee... and playing the wife's stereo.... at a near antisocial level. Worked hard Monday so I could do little or nothing yesterday. The extent of my activity was filling my bowl and coffee cup.

the R15M's went to their new home. 

@dtel

nice looking shed.  good job

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

@grasshopper HBD WillyBob, you'll probably see 99. In the eyes of your life insurance company, when you hit 100, you win and get your policy amount!

@dtel that building looks great, and made to last. Probably 90% around here are built with wood, but I know you have a different wind load. We would call that a pole barn, but I like the term garage. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

went outside for a very brief moment...

frig brisk this AM. Weather channel sez 21`. Feels colder than that. They also say it's sposed to hit 70`. I'm quite OK with that.  Days like this I can get away with a 5gal bucket of twigs for a fire.  Once the suns come up, the drapes get pulled on the east side... and the sun takes over.

a fairly typical winter day.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Mornin' all

survived another b'day.  99   er..... 66

Was a quiet, uneventful day.  .Just what I wanted. "Celebrated" by cracking a bag of Kona coffee... and playing the wife's stereo.... at a near antisocial level. Worked hard Monday so I could do little or nothing yesterday. The extent of my activity was filling my bowl and coffee cup.

the R15M's went to their new home. 

@dtel

nice looking shed.  good job

HAAAAAPY Birthday  BRO-----------------may you stay Young in Spirit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

We would call that a pole barn,

Around here they call it a pole barn when there are no sides or cement, usually anyway. Like to store hay or park equipment under, but I don't care what it's called if I can put my stuff in it and work out of the sun.

10 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

that was quick - wow-------looks really-----really  good  , waterproof , and no wood to rot , or mold  or termites

There will be a little wood for a counter and a couple rolling tables, but they will be treated wood, I have had enough termites already, they can do some damage quickly.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Looks like it might have good corners too.

One corner is all I need, the speakers will be the first thing to go in, even if I have to run it with an extension cord while wiring everything.  

Thanks everyone, seems like it took forever to have space to work.

• Like 4