Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Got those PowerBall tickets???  Toasters?  Green Eggs?  New speakers?   $550 Million?

There is a 100% chance I am not going to work tomorrow, but I also don't have even a very small percent of the lotto money.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Daddy  Dee was a COOOOOL  guy  ,  when I joined the Forum  , he was the Kindest person to speak to , polite , considerate and if you were on the wrong , he'd tell you -

He really was a cool guy, and as nice of a guy as you could meet.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Daddy  Dee was a COOOOOL  guy  ,  when I joined the Forum  , he was the Kindest person to speak to , polite , considerate and if you were on the wrong , he'd tell you -

He was a member of the clergy and used a picture of a lion as his avatar which I found curious for obvious reasons . When I asked him he simply responded , Lions 500 Christians 0 .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, sunburnwilly said:

He was a member of the clergy and used a picture of a lion as his avatar which I found curious for obvious reasons . When I asked him he simply responded , Lions 500 Christians 0 .

I appreciate this response ,  that 's pretty much @Daddy Dee  , a very Good Person -

• Like 2

• Moderators

In 2006 at a Pilgrimage in Hope they had 2 drawings for prizes, the first one Daddy Dees name was picked, he won a pair of RF 7's. His daughter was just married, Dee gave the RF 7's to his new son in law so they would have nice speakers.

My name was picked in the second drawing and I won a pair of Cornwall lll's, they gave me a disc of pictures with the employees who built them. 

http://www.cyclonecj.com/dtel/Dtelcorns-small/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

I think that would’ve been Lions 499 and Christians 1. Or, maybe it just a tie between Daniel and the lions.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dtel said:

In 2006 at a Pilgrimage in Hope they had 2 drawings for prizes, the first one Daddy Dees name was picked, he won a pair of RF 7's. His daughter was just married, Dee gave the RF 7's to his new son in law so they would have nice speakers.

My name was picked in the second drawing and I won a pair of Cornwall lll's, they gave me a disc of pictures with the employees who built them. 

http://www.cyclonecj.com/dtel/Dtelcorns-small/

Thanks for posting those. I would not have envisioned it, so manual intensive in 2006. The paint guy does not have a mask on, must be well ventilated. 

• Like 3

mornin' all

On my 2nd pot of coffee ....

..... some moron forgot to put the pot in the coffee machine after filling the tank the 1st run.....Bill ???

Glad our sink has a drainer at both ends and the coffee maker sits on one...

That can happen if I don't have coffee before making coffee.

Not near as cold this AM.30ish. Ice on the water bowls outside. I calling a day off, too, Elden. Headed to the lake. Fishing has been slow that last couple outings and wife asked if we are having fish for dinner. All I could say was "We'll see". 

cooked dinner last night...

Improvised. We have 30lb of potatoes... I know we have frozen chicken, so fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy seemed like a no brainer.  Could only free 2 leg quarters from the block w/o thawing more that I wanted... 

Browned those 2 pieces. Tossed a chopped onion, celery and bell peppers in. And 1/2 can of rotel [not affiliated] diced tomato with habanero. These folks mean hot when they say Hot...that's why only 1/2 can...  .. Sorry, I don't have any of Oldtimer's sauce.. bearing in mind, I really need to use potatoes. Quartered some spuds and threw them in.  Came out quite tasty. Didn't notice it being spicy until I stopped eating and there was a lingering burn on my tongue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rplace said:

The paint guy does not have a mask on, must be well ventilated. 

They have large a large powered exhaust at the rear of all the paint booths but as you walk past the smell is still very heavy in the air 10 feet away.  I couldn't imagine doing that day after day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

they will say "You will get used to it"

no thanks.... not when the "old guys" in the shop are 30 years old... look 60

sez the guy that prolly glows under black light, from all the UV dye I have absorbed at the bowling alley....

it is used in the lane oil as a way to monitor how much oil is where on the lane....A finger isn't accurate enough for the regulatory agencies

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Cool pictures Elden.

I had asked if they would let the employees sign the backs, the girl in the office said no, they took those instead and had each employee sign a certificate and what part they did, very nice of them. Now they let them sign the backs on occasion.

1 hour ago, rplace said:

Thanks for posting those. I would not have envisioned it, so manual intensive in 2006.  

It's not far from that now, the only difference is it is now cut with a CNC machine and sprayed differently. 

1 hour ago, rplace said:

The paint guy does not have a mask on, must be well ventilated. 

Yes it was huge fans that pulled the air out of the room, that black wall to the left is a giant vent, there are giant fans sucking air out, it was so strong I am not sure how they are able to spray in there. It's different now but the same fans, the fans are so strong they are also used for dust collection for the plant. On the roof and behind the building are huge ducts, for the dust collection part it ends up in a dumpster in front of the building. 

Part of it. I have no idea how it works but you can hear and feel the air being sucked out of the building.

pilgrimage 2015 (28).JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, dtel said:

On the roof and behind the building are huge ducts, for the dust collection part it ends up in a dumpster in front of the building. 

That is fantastic. I have a dust collector that I have modified in my shop/garage that is similar on MUCH smaller scale. Basically you spin the stuff in a circle and the big/heavy stuff drops out and the fine particles go through a filter. If you are interested in some innovative stuff from a "regular" guy as I understand it.

Thien Separator

Here is my mini version with the dust exiting out the rear window. So little makes it you never see anything outside. It is quite amazing. Works better than I ever expected. The LSI seems to jump out at the eye more than the dust collector.

rps20210114_113647.thumb.jpg.88852b94050524da3c14b27ef75b8d88.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rplace said:

Thanks for posting those. I would not have envisioned it, so manual intensive in 2006. The paint guy does not have a mask on, must be well ventilated. 

Ah.....isn't this the way it is still done?

Sorry @dtel missed your post above at first

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dtel said:

Part of it. I have no idea how it works but you can hear and feel the air being sucked out of the building.

The dust collection system has air ducts placed closer to the floor and at other strategic areas  of the plant  that remove the dust  through air suction , and it also extracts the dust particles in the air ,  filtering  the air  and subsequently it brings in fresher cleaner air from the outside  as it scavenges the dust into holding tanks --

• Like 1