Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

53 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Are your subs different brands, they're shaped different? 

https://www.thestar.com/business/2015/10/21/subway-settles-lawsuit-over-too-short-footlongs.html

Subway settles lawsuit over too-short footlongs

By The Associated Press
Wed., Oct. 21, 2015timer1 min. read

MILWAUKEE — If you’re one of the tens of millions of people who has purchased a six- or 12-inch Subway sandwich in the U.S. since 2003, you’re entitled to a cut of a class action settlement involving the franchise

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Wife asked how my fishing "trip" went...

"The fishing was slow... no fish dinner, but, I didn't break my leg"

??????????????

Hiking back to the car, I was faced with a steep little hill, covered in loose dirt and dry [what else would they be out here] leaves. Said to myself. I bet I slide on this...

I hate being right. First step sent me down sooner as opposed to safer.  As I'm on the short tumble, I hear a loud pop/crack. Immediately think, "Oh damn.. what did you do to yourself, Bill?"

Gathering myself... Right leg - good. Right arm - a few little scrapes. Left leg?   Yo! LEFT LEG!!!!    I can feel it. That's good and bad. It got folded the wrong way on my little trip... Stood up and got it under me. Holds weight... Car is about 100yds away. That pop/crack I heard, apparently was not me... thank you. Make it to the car w/o incident... no accounting for shock, tho....

I'm a little gimpy today and maybe, just maybe, I'll listen to myself a little better... dumbass   No medical attention required... er, I didn't go to the Dr over it. My knee is a little tender to twisting, so, I don't do that. 

I will be OK. Scared me tho.  Guess it was my day to do stupid... I made a pot of coffee w/o the pot  to catch it, too.

@MicroMara

Happy belated b'day, bud.

Your birthday the 12th or 13th? Mine is the 12th

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

@MicroMara

Happy belated b'day, bud.

Your birthday the 12th or 13th? Mine is the 12th

Thanx a lot @grasshopper and capricorn borther.  Then you are 7 years and one day older than me, mine was on January 13. Nevertheless, we celebrated the day together because of the continental time differences. It's funny..... that with the time and getting older. Hopefully still long enough.

Look at us .....Dies und Das - Page 1821 - GERMAN ROOM - Media Psychos

• Haha 5

On 1/14/2021 at 4:02 PM, dirtmudd said:

https://www.thestar.com/business/2015/10/21/subway-settles-lawsuit-over-too-short-footlongs.html

By The Associated Press

MILWAUKEE — If you’re one of the tens of millions of people who has purchased a six- or 12-inch Subway sandwich in the U.S. since 2003, you’re entitled to a cut of a class action settlement involving the franchise

“that’s what she said” — 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, richieb said:

“that’s what she said” — 

Have you noticed how the TV manufacturers are covering their arses by describing their TVs in terms of "class", as in "This TV is 55" class", or 65" class.", or whatever?  That way, if the screen winds up just a bit undersize, or if some troublemaker hoping to sue and make his fortune finds a way to measure the screens so they appear to be undersize, they can just respond, "We said it was 55 inch CLASS, not actual size.  So F off, wanker!"  

I may have approximated that last bit.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2021 at 2:02 PM, dirtmudd said:

By The Associated Press

Who would want a cut, especially if it's off a six incher?  How much would that leave?  He couldn't even blame it on shrinkage.

• Haha 2

On 1/14/2021 at 2:11 AM, sputnik said:

I think that would’ve been Lions 499 and Christians 1. Or, maybe it just a tie between Daniel and the lions.

You know they're starting to accept you when you're invite into their den to hang out for a bit, maybe share some steaks and chew the fat, that sort of thing.  Speaking for myself, I don't invite just anyone into my den, so there you go.

• Haha 1

Mornin' ... only because it's not afternoon

I'm getting around better. Not 100%, but, I haven't seen 100% for a long time, it ever... it's all relative to yesterday.

Knee is staying under me more. It let's me know that it is still not trustworthy.

Just finished breakfast #2... pancakes. Had scrambled eggs at 8. 

Weather is super. Pushing 80`. Enjoy it... it isn't gonna last. Rain and possible white stuff next week... Tues night or so. They're still iffy.

• Like 3