Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

18 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

.  Kinda miss her being around actually.       

, give another cat a Home and you will feel a lot better ---Sorry for your Loss -Dave ----cancer  kills  Humans and Pets Alike   -nothing you can do about that ---  Take care Bro -  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

^^^ I have grieved more for my pets than family members...

I'm afraid the above will come across as pets are not family members...not true pets are very much a part...

I'm talking brothers, sisters, moms and dads

Same here...

• Like 2

Thanks for the thoughts everyone but the LAST thing I wanted was a dog or cat.  I'm not here enough to really take care of them but do so when I'm around.  I'd leave for a while come back home and she was on the table waiting on a lil rub down.  Then she got the boot off the table.  They say calico's are strange and I'd have to agree.  She'd come up on the bed at night and want me to raise the covers so she could crawl in and lay next to me for a lil rub down til she got warm then out and down by my legs for the night.  Strange but she enjoyed it.  That's what it's all about I guess but she's much better off now.  The past couple weeks she's been all over me, which she never did.  Another something?  Ummm nope that won't happen.  It would prolly out live me!  lolol

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I've had a day busied with filling cup, bowl plate and glass. The height of my ambition today.

Made fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner.  The chicken was quite frozen and getting these leg quarters separated turned into an athletic event. Dinna want to thaw all 10lb.

We got a little rain. Was foggy this AM... Serious ice/frost on the windshield.  We do have scrapers... don't have to use an old card. Scrapers are easier to find than snow shovels.

I have a couple torts... The one is deaf... yeah she acts rather bizarre. I have a long hair black... Chuckie... she is funny as...I can vacuum her. Plays in water. Bites at a stream of water like a dog...  a lot of entertainment

• Haha 2

@grasshopper It will be HOT in no time I'm sure.  Daughter loves it in Phoenix but you know that.  Said she's never coming back to Ohio so we'll see where she winds up.  Her birthday was last Sunday and I called to wish her a happy birthday.  She was trashed sitting in the Phoenix OSU alumni hang out.  I always sing Happy Birthday to the fam when I call and check in so she was alllll gushy when I got done.  I was laffin at her then she asked who my fav OSU football player was.  The last time she pulled something like that she'd been seeing OSU's Heisman winner Troy Smith for a year.  So I said I dunno who?  Archie Griffin?  Arch out there?  She said no.  How about Haskins?  I said Dwayne?  He there?  He just got cut by the Redskins.  She said well maybe.  I said nooo he's too young for you and laffed.  She said just watch Dad and you'll see.  Boom!  He signs w/the Steelers Tuesday.  So people around here are saying he's gonna be Ben's replacement.  Could happen but the thing they didn't factor in?  He was playing on the team when Mayfield did his famous flag plant in the Horseshoe when they beat OSU.  Wanna see a QB battle?  Watch.  Would give a lil twist to the Browns/Steelers games.

Torts are just about the same as calico's.  Brick shy of a load.  Oldest daughter picked her up as a kitten hanging around the local Taco Bell and brought her home for me.  Ugh.  Someone must have dumped her cause she sure did love burritos.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Just received the latest Audio Advisor.  The Rotel pair on the cover (A11 and CD11) are eye candy.  Wonder how they sound?

There's only one way to really know.  Blow the dust off of that money and treat yourself.  :D

• Haha 1

@Pete H ya took the words right outta my mouth.  Audio Advisor ugh.  He should have used that subscription money for cables, coffee, potato vodka or even a new toaster.  I know darn well I'll never see a toaster outta this place.  (shhh quiet it's reverse psychology and also DUCK SEASON! just might work in here) :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Someone must have dumped her cause she sure did love burritos

we have one that is a pizzavore.  He can be trusted around everything but pizza. He'll snipe a slice in a heartbeat... and put it in his bowl while wife and I are asking each other, "Did you give Frank a slice of pizza?" He does like chicken, but minds his manners about it. He EATS thigh bones. Crunches them...

so, when he is being gentle, that means he didn't sever your finger.  He's very good natured... but that crunching bones thing scares me a little.

@Tarheel

I'll save you the trouble of having to rewire your system... you can send that fancy new stuff to me to test.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had a maverick St. Bernard years ago. that dog would lay on the patio and gnaw at the stucco on the house. He ate his glass water bowl. He jumped through the screen of the front window. He bit an electrical cord in half ... the box fan was running, dog bit through the cord and got shocked too. Just shook his head and walked away. BUT, he was going nuts one night. barking like crazy, would run to the sliding door and bark, then run to the middle of the back yard and stare in one direction. did this a couple of times, then I got curious. neighbors had a fire going and the smoke from the chimney was going right into my yard ... the dog was alerting me to the smoke. After I petted him and told him it was okay, he settled down. I guess he just wanted me to know something was up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2