Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

wife sez, "It snowed last night. Isn't it pretty?"

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

wife sez, your lucky she did not come back with ....

snow is like sex you don't know how many inches you will get or  how long it will  last....

"NO!"

to quote Forrest Gump

"And that's all I have to say about that"

Winter Weather Advisory

Areas Affected: Eastern Albany; Eastern Rensselaer; Eastern Schenectady; Hamilton; Montgomery; Northern Fulton; Northern Herkimer; Northern Saratoga; Northern Warren; Northern Washington; Southeast Warren; Southern Fulton; Southern Herkimer; Southern Saratoga; Southern Washington; Western Rensselaer; Western Schenectady

NWS Albany (Eastern New York and Western New England)

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 10 AM EST WEDNESDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches, with locally higher amounts of up to 8 inches possible across portions of the Mohawk Valley and southern Adirondacks.

* WHERE...Southern Vermont, the Mohawk Valley, Capital Region, Lake George Saratoga region, central and northern Taconics, and southern Adirondacks of eastern New York, and western Massachusetts.

* WHEN...From noon Tuesday to 10 AM EST Wednesday.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions and reduced visibilities. The hazardous conditions will likely impact the Tuesday evening, and Wednesday morning commutes.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snowfall rates may briefly approach 1 inch per hour this afternoon.

Slow down and use caution while traveling.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

wife sez, "It snowed last night. Isn't it pretty?"

"NO!"

to quote Forrest Gump

"And that's all I have to say about that"

It can hide a lot of ugliness. I think it looks wonderful, especially when the trees are full of snow!

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

High of 42 today "they" say but tomorrow it's goin right back down.  She can have all the snow she wants.  Patience is a virtue.  It'll melt!  Coffee's great and the chili is in the crockpot!  I'm good  :)

Chili 😀 you had to say that huh?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

it's snowing again/more

Hand her a shovel and she might not like it so much.  hahaha  Will be slush or frozen by evening w/your temps.  Just go find a shovel and spray it down with some Pam and wait for her to ask.  Safer that way maybe.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Hand her a shovel and she might not like it so much.  hahaha  Will be slush or frozen by evening w/your temps.  Just go find a shovel and spray it down with some Pam and wait for her to ask.  Safer that way maybe.  😂

how to turn your dishwasher into a snowblower .. hand her the shovel

• Haha 5

Highs in the 50s today, lows in the 50s tonight.

Rain, rain, rain.

Put the alkyd Kilz on the deep red wall in my bedroom. First time in a while the temps cooperated. Also put it in the MBR big closet, she never would empty it out or even let me empty it and put the stuff back so one coat of paint put on those walls circa 1960? Yep i sealed it with that kilz so it would not take five coats of white to cover inside of there.

Had the windows open since 10a closed `em up at five pm when I could see the fog between the house and the evergreens in this yard. Cranked the heat to 64 set the dehumidifier to max and it's better in here now except for the smell.

Fired up the railroad lantern smells like kerosene a little and I'll let that out of the house before bedtime. It's in front of the once red wall

PXL-20210126-231047219.jpg

IMG-20210126-181640.jpg

• Like 5