Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Yea, bowling is crazy now.  All the lanes have bumpers installed ya just hook and pull up, no scorekeeping since it's all automatic.  Just throw the ball and it posts automatically.  They both know enough to stay outta the ball return so no worries there.  This guy the oldest lives with IS a bowler  He's 6'3 and just lays them down and walks away.  The other nite in a league he rolled another 300.  Think that it's 23 or 24 now.  He's bowling outta town today and she wanted to go with him so it works for me.  Back to normal around here this evening if I'm lucky.  lol

• Like 2

decided to not go to the lake today. Only 60`. took a nap instead. Ambitious aren't I....

let the cinnamon rolls I made rise [raise?] while I napped.... multi-tasking at its best...

getting time to start thinking garden...Over the hump --- average [high] temp is going up. About 70` in Tucson now. At its lowest is around 63`, in Dec.

• Like 3

Mornin' Strangers, my brilliant idea to procrastinate with painting has had it's repercussions. First after twenty years without barely picking up a brush at all... and a slight case of vertigo when I did get up on the ladder I couldn't cut a straight edge to save my life. It's true after tightly caulking the corner of the walls and ceiling in there that there aren't any 'straight" edges left but darn, I had to do it over. Twelve and eighteen year old latex that once smelled fresh when used is stinky now! Opening the windows with 99% humidity and 40s to 50s temps for that kilz last week, I had to get back on a decongestant which messes with me. Made first coffee at 4:30 today.

It's odd to me but the NWS you know the "official" weather entity called for sleet & snow here this weekend. Yea... Right.

Dark Sky on my phone got it right though Heavy Rain! beeped at me yesterday morning! Stinks I won't be able to get it on android anymore after the end of the year. Dark Sky is right more often than all the other forecasters put together!

• Like 3

Mornin' John...

this is why I hire that stuff out now... I can get my monies worth just watchin' 'em work. 

Having coffee in the doghouse.. Got MitchRyder and the Detroit Wheels going...Too bad it's still dark [and cold].... I'm wound up enough to do something. A little walk at the lake is on the agenda.  Sunny, calm and average temp predicted.   that would be 70`. I can stand that, if I'm in the sun. Won't be trying to negotiate the hill I tumbled down.  Shoulda listened to my gut.  Didn't get a 2nd chance to reconsider. First step, I went down.

See, I do learn... just a little slow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Grands are gone and had to regain part of my sanity last evening.  Cranked the LS for about 5 hours and I was good to go!  Woke up to a couple inches of crusty snow, looks like 20-30's all week here so the heck with it!  Coffee is on and I'm thinking about a playlist for today.  Might have to watch some hoops this afternoon with no sound.  Just gimme the tunes I know what's happening in the ball game.   hahaha

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Might have to watch some hoops this afternoon with no sound.  Just gimme the tunes I know what's happening in the ball game.

I agree.  Especially if Vitale is involved.  My definition of Hell is being forced to listen to a game with Dick Vitale and Bill Walton yammering away.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I agree.  Especially if Vitale is involved.  My definition of Hell is being forced to listen to a game with Dick Vitale and Bill Walton yammering away.

Awwww come on Neil.  Show him some love.  Dick is legendary!  Watched him hit 78 free throws before a game once @ OSU.  EVERYone inside early was counting them.  He's a good guy and knows hoops.  Just his style doing color work. Walton?  Now he's a piece of work!  😂

44 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Walton is very cerebral, very meandering, very spacey, very very stoned - 🤯

• Haha 1

I can handle Vitale way more than Walton. Vitale was good friends with Jim Valvano, good enough for me.

5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Getting some  more time with/on these RP600s.... they are damn nice little speakers.  Not LaScalas.... but nice little speakers. They work quite well in this 12 X 12 room.  No regrets.  A sub would be nice, just to fill in the audio spectrum, but, not really needed

They were voted speaker of the year a couple years ago.

• Like 1

Hey coffee gang!  I know it has been WAY too long since I have dropped by here.  Many changes in the audio room.  But, thought I would chime in.   I have been enjoying the RP-600M's for a little while now.   RP-280F towers up for grabs - downsizing stuff 'round here ;).IMG-3973.jpg

• Like 5