Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Haven't been posting much but reading about Steve's brother and also Jake I couldn't ignore it and not say something.

I need to get back here, I miss everyone.

We worked on the museum and Rodney had his own projects going on as you can see, but got to be with friends which helped adjust my attitude. Even an old friend and forum member and his wife came to help, "Me Loves khorns", Paul and Amanda from TX.

You all seem "normal" after a weekend with these people. :P Craig took the pic Saturday night.

museum.jpg

I see Ketchup in that photo ... 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Looks like somebody got some new chairs.

A while back, but he still has a pile of mixed matched chairs for extras.

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Thanks dtel.  It's so frustrating when Jake watches us eat and then turns down our food and his.  He goes in for an ultrasound on Saturday so we are hoping for the best. 

Looks like a good time at Rodney's!

Hopefully they can find something that's easy to fix and he get's back to normal. There is always a problem when a puppy does not want people food.

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

I see Ketchup in that photo ... 

And a bunch of other stuff, some that will light you up .

33 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Cigarettes and saw dust. 

Sounds like it could be a country song.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, richieb said:

I suggest a road trip to Rosston AR where I imagine these fine folks will keep you in ketchup to your heart’s content - 

Do you enjoy ketchup on chicken(s) ?

not on everything ... just all meat, all potatoes, all pasta, and rice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Thanks dtel.  It's so frustrating when Jake watches us eat and then turns down our food and his.  He goes in for an ultrasound on Saturday so we are hoping for the best. 

Looks like a good time at Rodney's!

70559791_2631491026860966_7766604840418934784_n.jpg

Good Luck Jake (& Chuck)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/7/2021 at 2:58 PM, grasshopper said:

at about 105`, it stops being fun.

I used to ride in Atlanta , around 105 , it was great while at speed  , but the moment you hit traffic --- you cooked like a chicken in a pan -

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dtel said:

, down to earth guy, and very humble considering everything.   

I've learned that no matter how good you think you are at something, there is always someone that is better. I used to bowl a lot and was pretty good. then one day I'm talking to this friend and found out that he has bowled 13 perfect games and he showed me one of the rings that was engraved to show that it was the 13th award. Guess telling him that I averaged over 200 wasn't that impressive.  

there was this guy that I went to high school with that was an incredible and I mean incredible guitar player -- I didn't know it. we just goofed around in English class never talked about music. Anyway, now adults, I was hanging out at this rock bands house and a mutual friend brings this guy over. I hadn't seen him since school and was surprised at how good he was on the guitar; but suddenly one of the guys in the band drags me into the kitchen and says "did you bring him over just to show us up?"  I told him that one, I didn't bring him over and two, I didn't know he could play the guitar until that very night.  Sad ending to that story, a few years ago, I tried to find this guy again. He had started hanging out at my house for a while; but then I did what I do best ... moved away. So, I'm trying to find this guy and found out that he died 10 years ago. He died when he in his 40s. I was never one for doing a good job at keeping in touch with people; but it sure is tough when you decide to find an old friend and learn that they're dead -- has happened twice to me.

• Like 4

• Moderators

I always complain not wanting to stop what I am doing to leave and go to Hope for days but always glad I did.

I get to see and work with friends, this is much more important than the museum which is the reason we started doing it in the first place, now it's the people, easily.

After you lose a few friends and look at the average ages of the rest, you feel it's the smart thing to do is to see each other as much as possible. We got to see them a couple weeks ago but it may be almost two months until it happens again ? Although three of them and a couple said we might just show up in a few weeks, we will call when were almost there, I thought oh crap but then thought about it a second and said OK because I have no doubt we will have fun, we always do. 

It's great to know we can just hang out without any plans of anything to do and it's going to be fun.   BS, food, a little music, an adult beverage and doing nothing, time really flies like that.

I feel very lucky, I finally realize this mostly because this all came about over years and just happened without really paying attention as to how much time had past, then it hits you what these people mean to you. A friend this weekend was explaining to his wife of two years that we have knowing each other for over 15 years, I didn't think about it, we went to there wedding but until he figured out how long it's been I didn't realize. It makes you think, and be grateful. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

when you decide to find an old friend and learn that they're dead -- has happened twice to me.

happens too often to me. When I worked at the bowling alley in a retirement community, if someone was absent for a couple weeks, the uncomfortable question always came up......On vacation?

• Like 2