Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I'd take 25` and snow over 35` and rain........... any old time...

random association

When I was on Kauai, with the "Kona winds", it would rain and be so warm you didn't notice until water started dripping from you. Like being in a warm shower with a water saving head...

I mentioned playing with the tone controls on the H/K the other day.... with this Sony in the doghouse... when you select 2 channel, it defeats all tone... you don't even get a sub out... split hairs... that would be 2.1

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

my fear is that ice will build up on power lines and suddenly I'll be without power.  If you want to see cry baby, watch me when the power goes out. In five minutes, I'm going nuts. 

One of the reasons we heat with wood, we will not be cold, unless someone steals the firewood. :o  Another reason is it's cheaper.

But even not being cold it can get boring fast without power, during the 3 weeks after a hurricane I played cards more than I did in the previous 40 years.  

• Like 5

13 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I used to play cribbage. Fun and fast paced. I don't play poker. I don't do very well with gambling... they call me a donor

we used to get together and play poker.  never fails that the game acey-duecy generates a HUGE pot. then we'd always end up pitching quarters against the wall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

my fear is that ice will build up on power lines and suddenly I'll be without power.  If you want to see cry baby, watch me when the power goes out. In five minutes, I'm going nuts. 

Thats what may hsppen here.   Monday and Tuesday they're predicting temps in the teens and a half to one inch of ice. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richieb said:

KC area - currently 4. Highs of 5 Sunday/Monday, windchills 20 - 25 below. 

Keep that stuff man.  I just hope it stays away from here.  Talkin 30's next week.  But...  hahaha  Subject to change!

2 minutes ago, USNRET said:

There are some reasons I live in S TX

Don't blame you a bit.  That would be brutal every day.

lowest temps I've ever experienced were in the negative 30s.  worked on an ice breaker and had to respond to a SAR call (search and rescue) for a boat that had ice build up so bad that it was capsizing. Now, our boat was not built for speed and it took us about 12 hours to get on scene. thankfully, the crew had abandoned ship and literally walked away from the disabled vessel. 

I remember the hospital corpsman giving us a half shot of brandy due to the cold weather. Of course, I gladly accepted the allotment from those that didn't drink. Booze is not authorized on Coast Guard boats. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, USNRET said:

There are some reasons I live in S TX
Brunswick, Maine
Adak, Alaska
Keflavik, Iceland (for 3 years)

you ever miss your military days Mike?  I do.  Like everyone else I whined a lot at some of the crappola; but I wish I had realized just how much fun I was having. Give me my 18 year old body and I'd do it all again. Personally, I loved the mid-watch ... I was always night guy. Plus, what a lot these forum members don't get is the joy of mid-rats!  Peace brother and stay safe there in Texas. 

• Like 1