Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Dang man, good luck with the little fella.

& stay out of that cold wet we've had all week around here. Low 30s and rain all week and another week of it headed this way. Glad I've got the stepping stones to get to the trash cans, my boots just suck up the mud and I have to do the Oriental bit and leave them at the door.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looked out my window this morning to see SNOW!!!  Several inches fell overnight, and is continuing to fall.  This is the first snow of the year.  The last couple of days have been pretty cold by local standards, meaning below freezing, and the local TV news showed a backyard ice rink that a man had made for his sons.  It was only about 20'x20', but his two kids, probably 8 and 10, could lace up their skates and pass a puck back and forth between them.  

It was an annual family effort, but most winters it was too warm to do, so this was a bit of fun for the boys.  Small things make the news in this town.

It's warming up in a few days, so our streets should soon be clear again.  It's funny how the snow usually arrives here in February, just as RandyH000 mentioned near the start of the winter.  That makes it a bit rough for the blossoms on the cherry trees, which just started to bloom about a week ago.  Hopefully, they'll hang in there under the snow, and soon we'll have localized pink flurries along certain streets.  I like that kind.  You don't have to shovel it.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ssh said:

I've been using a really good whiskey sour recipe:

2 oz Bourbon

1 oz lemon juice

3/4 oz Maple syrup

SSH

Interesting Steve.   Sounds good.  

I've been using Proof syrup lately to make Old Fashions.  Its pretty good.   Have you tried it? 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

On the positive side, you gave him all he could ask for in this life.  He won the lottery when you stepped through the door and took him home.

Very true, he couldn't have asked for better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Carl your post brought a tear or two......thanks for the kind words.  It's always a question of who rescued who.  Trish and I wouldn't have moved in together if not for Jake's adoption.  

Having a second Old Fashion with Proof syrup and bitters.

Randy you were right the Prednisone perked Jake up and he ate soft food for the first time in two weeks.  We were both thrilled that he ate with such an appetite. 

So here again is my boy.  

IMG_7560.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Those are crazy temps, anything under +20 and I'm not going to be outside long, and I am being really generous with the +20 number. 

Toughen up. This is what we get.

Thursdathursday.JPG.c33740660af026fa4747d349d9285ed7.JPGy's, Fridafriday.JPG.c72e3fff0f39b3f2eda0c884691fc9e6.JPGy's and today.JPG.bcab62800002b190dbc7df4c2070e365.JPGtoday's weather. We should be out of this vortex in a week.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1