Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

I will trade locations

We will be complaining about the heat in no time. That's the beauty of the midwest. We can complain almost year 'round! We like that.

There are usually a couple nice days in the spring and a handful in the fall. We typically say something like: "We'll end up paying for this!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
9 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I feel for y'all. I get the shivers hearing about all this cold weather

Exactly, I couldn't deal with some of those temps.

17 for a low here tonight and warming up the rest of the week.

Since it was going to be cold tonight we decided to cook Chili. I called it 3 animal chili, Beef, Deer and Pork, almost equal parts and it's good. Will probably eat it tomorrow night also since it's about 4 gallons left after we eat, then freeze the rest.

• Like 7

I cranked out a big pot of ham and bean soup yesterday.  Oldest daughter stopped today, started filling containers and left me with enough for a couple days maybe.  Then I can crank out some more chili.  Making a dent in the freezer beef but gonna have to get on it and make it disappear.  Calling for 7-12 here by morning then clearing out til Thursday when we get more.  About 5 inches down now.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

lasagna

one of the few meals that I can cook well.  however, I make a world class mess in the kitchen when putting it together. oh, and you'd better love cheese if you eat my lasagna -- it's loaded with various cheeses, linguica, squash, onion, and black olives.

can't make it; but I also love enchiladas.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

can't make it; but I also love enchiladas.

If you can make lasagna you can make enchiladas, at least cheese enchiladas

Finishing out my birthday with home cooked chinese stir fry and a couple double IPAs.

Got my fence materials delivered earlier today...what a wonderful birthday present.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, babadono said:

If you can make lasagna you can make enchiladas, at least cheese enchiladas

Finishing out my birthday with home cooked chinese stir fry and a couple double IPAs.

Got my fence materials delivered earlier today...what a wonderful birthday present.

Happy Birthday buddy!🍸

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1