Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Daytona Bike Week mid 90s.

Beachside shook and vibrated for about ten days or longer each year!

Made new friends on my back porch leaving at 5am several times:dry:

-n-- retentive huns ruined it harassing good folks, then it spread out from New Smyrna to St. Augustine. Wasn't the same through when  I left in `03.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@grasshopper the Hash Bash in Ann Arbor?  I found ya the t-shirt brother!  Wear it and lie like the rest of the kids do today.  "Oh yea man I was there and don't remember a thing but it was a great time!  hahaha  Get out that gold card!

Very fashionable today with a sarong "they" say!  😂

https://radicalthrifts.com/shop/p/7jx606invrz3shcjgni5s3tqh0uqyy

:)

I was at the very first event in AA, April 1, 1972.  Unfortunately, no T-shirt......

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

I was at the very first event in AA, April 1, 1972.  Unfortunately, no T-shirt......

I'd heard about it down here but never knew where or when it was up there.  A guest appearance would have been in order me thinks!  😎   😂

I would expect that from Neil... Good one

Doin' some yard work.   not shoveling snow - yard work.  Cleaning up after what I did yesterday. Found a bottle. Dr RH McLean's Volcanic Oil Liniment. Bottle is old/ish. Screw top. Been in a fire or spent a long time in the sun. Its shape is distorted.

I know glass will sag in time. For instance ... I found a drinking/water glass, at an old dump site, that's open end was near flat together... honest

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, babadono said:

I found the Vietnam Veterans memorial very eerie.

DC is a favorite place to visit.  I too was very moved by the Vietnam Veterans memorial.  I found the name Richard Thornell who was the kicker on my high school  football team in 1965.  Dick was a senior when I was a junior.  During the 1966 football season, a teammate and I visited the funeral home to pay our respects to our fallen teammate and his family.  His father commented on how good his son looked in his USMC dress uniform.  My friend and I expressed agreement to his father, but both were personally disturbed to see our teammate dead in a coffin.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 10/29/2020 at 1:49 PM, RandyH000 said:

I also had a 73 Z1,   I brought it to a shop for a  repair in 79  with 7k miles on the odometer  , I  left my keys and helmet with the plan to pick it  up after work  , one of the staffers took the bike out for a joy ride and crashed it badly ,     he was lucky to survive  , my brand new Arai full face Helmet was split in half ------  lesson learned , never leave your bike un -attended at any shop -

1975 Kawasaki Z1 900 | Picture 1946869

I have a 1995 Yamaha V-Max with over $27,000 in modifications. Performance wise she has 39mm Kehin Flat slide race carbs and an aftermarket intake manifold with chrome velocity stacks, a 50 HP shot of direct port nitrous, an air shifter, an aftermarket ignition box with retard for the nitrous, aftermarket hotter coils, 8.5 mm MSD wires, aftermarket polished stainless UFO 4 into two headers and mufflers, worked tranny, an air shifter, a 3 inch over braced and chromed rear swing arm, Billet Aluminum rims with a 200 rear tire, shocks and springs are lowered 23 inches, seat is lowered 1.5 inches, she has R-1 Front chromed billet brake calipers and EBC brake pads at all 3 locations, rear brake rotor has been enlarged to same size as the front two. Custom Rotors all around, and a $500 steering  assist adjustable shock. Front forks have aftermarket springs and gold emulators and has aftermarket shorter rear shocks as well. :D

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

I have a 1985 Yamaha V-Max with over $27,000 in modifications. Performance wise she has 39mm Kehin Flat slide race carbs and an aftermarket intake manifold with chrome velocity stacks, a 50 HP shot of direct port nitrous, an air shifter, an aftermarket ignition box with retard for the nitrous, aftermarket hotter coils, 8.5 mm MSD wires, aftermarket polished stainless UFO 4 into two headers and mufflers, worked tranny, an air shifter, a 3 inch over braced and chromed rear swing arm, Billet Aluminum rims with a 200 rear tire, shocks and springs are lowered 23 inches, seat is lowered 1.5 inches, she has R-1 Front chromed billet brake calipers and EBC brake pads at all 3 locations, rear brake rotor has been enlarged to same size as the front two. Custom Rotors all around, and a $500 steering  assist adjustable shock. Front forks have aftermarket springs and gold emulators and has aftermarket shorter rear shocks as well. :D

put some nobbies on it lets go ridingScreenshot_2020-06-19-18-29-58.thumb.png.8d13873063f578bd03e5b26243790272.png1588565_IMG_20200707_100837_01(1).thumb.jpg.4796ae31e495242976023038c7896168.jpgIMG_20200711_145548_01.thumb.jpg.5b64925a889204bb1c523685e389f5cc.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

DC is a favorite place to visit.

I think I could get lost at the Smithsonian for ten or fifteen years. 

Went to DC as a kid... It was quite warm at the time   ...98` and matching humidity. Even the swimming pool at the hotel was hot.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Took the wife to visit her eye Dr... I almost said "see"... kinda oxymoronic.

While she was there, I went shopping for garden supplies.  Got most of what I was looking for and even bought some seeds for a veggie garden. Kentucky Wonder pole bean, Brandywine tomato ... parsley and basil. Oh... my favorite -- Sugar Snap peas... Those rarely make it to the house. I 'em eat while working in the garden... Think I got a few flower seeds, too. Can't remember if/what I got. Something I have been looking for for a while now.... Buttercrunch lettuce seed. Seems like it disappeared several years back. It doesn't get bitter [as fast] in the heat here..

..All of my saved seed got dusted....

----------------------------

on the trip to the Dr, I noticed they have been patching the road recently...  Most of the potholes had been filled.... and then there were a few [not repaired] painted with fluorescent red/orange...  They were easy to see... good thing too. They would have swallowed that little car. Big uns

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

I have a 1985 Yamaha V-Max with over $27,000 in modifications. Performance wise she has 39mm Kehin Flat slide race carbs and an aftermarket intake manifold with chrome velocity stacks, a 50 HP shot of direct port nitrous, an air shifter, an aftermarket ignition box with retard for the nitrous, aftermarket hotter coils, 8.5 mm MSD wires, aftermarket polished stainless UFO 4 into two headers and mufflers, worked tranny, an air shifter, a 3 inch over braced and chromed rear swing arm, Billet Aluminum rims with a 200 rear tire, shocks and springs are lowered 23 inches, seat is lowered 1.5 inches, she has R-1 Front chromed billet brake calipers and EBC brake pads at all 3 locations, rear brake rotor has been enlarged to same size as the front two. Custom Rotors all around, and a $500 steering  assist adjustable shock. Front forks have aftermarket springs and gold emulators and has aftermarket shorter rear shocks as well. :D

Got a pic?

• Like 2

• Moderators
9 hours ago, babadono said:

Yes indeed, If you have not visited the Capitol and the other monuments in the capital do so before they're all gone. I found the Vietnam Veterans memorial very eerie.

Yes it is something to see, and yes to the Vietnam veterans memorial, very sad, and to watch people copying the names of people they knew with pencil as they were crying. So many names.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I think I could get lost at the Smithsonian for ten or fifteen years.

We visited them all, my favorite was natural history. The mint and botanical gardens was nice also, just happened to walk past the Ford theater where Lincoln was shot, so we stopped in. Arlington Commentary was kind of like the Vietnam memorial, sad is all I can say.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

Sometime tomorrow, there will be a landing of a rover on Mars. They have 7 1/2 minutes to go from 12,000 mph to 0 to arrive safely. The vid has a quick animation of what they hope will happen and without a hitch of course.

amazing stuff ---

• Like 3