Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

20 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Got a pic?

I had downloaded all my pics of when she was at Jon Cornels shop onto the VMOA Technical sight but I can't remember my password and don't even know if the sight still exists. Jon Cornel who did my bike died of lung cancer. I will ask his wife if she still has any. The bike is out sitting in my kids play house and needs fininshed. zero miles since I had all the work done and just sits since my buddy died.

Rog

• Like 1

it's all a lie ... a big fat lie. they are not non-stick.

I decided to make myself an omelet.  sounds easy enough. I bought one of those new fangled frying pans where NOTHING will stick to it ... well, nothing except eggs.  I put in a lot of butter then the eggs -- immediately sticking to every inch of the pan.   so I decide to just scramble them, I was never one to know my own strength and as I stirred, a tidal wave of egg flew out of the pan, all over my leg and the floor. 

a couple weeks ago, I saw a velvet commercial and realized it had been decades since I had that poison.  so I bought some and I put some in the egg also some bacon bits.  well, the bacon and velvet overpowered everything and I couldn't even taste the egg.

another kitchen disaster for me ... and a big mess too, and the eggs tasted horrible. I was so traumatized that I forgot to put in some ketchup before I wrapped all that stuff up in a couple of flour tortillas. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

another kitchen disaster for me

The main disaster was believing the pan was non stick, they lie.

If you think that cheese is poison I wonder what's in bacon bits if it's not bacon ? Bits of what with what kind of stuff used for flavoring. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I decided to make myself an omelet.  sounds easy enough. I bought one of those new fangled frying pans where NOTHING will stick to it ... well, nothing except eggs.  I put in a lot of butter then the eggs -- immediately sticking to every inch of the pan.   so I decide to just scramble them, I was never one to know my own strength and as I stirred, a tidal wave of egg flew out of the pan, all over my leg and the floor. 

a couple weeks ago, I saw a velvet commercial and realized it had been decades since I had that poison.  so I bought some and I put some in the egg also some bacon bits.  well, the bacon and velvet overpowered everything and I couldn't even taste the egg.

another kitchen disaster for me ... and a big mess too, and the eggs tasted horrible. I was so traumatized that I forgot to put in some ketchup before I wrapped all that stuff up in a couple of flour tortillas. 

Life is hard Steve.  Keep up the good fight.

20 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

BSM - whisking eggs is not an Olympic strength event. Be gentle, stirring until well blended and a bit frothy. Remember - you are not mixing Quickcrete and water in a wheel barrow — 🥚🍳🏋️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

I was in the basement and my wife yelled down the stairs, "do you feel a sharp pain in your back like someone is stabbing you?" I told her no. A short time later, she said "How about now?!?!"  Should I be scared?

Wouldn’t it be great to have a VooDoo doll of yourself?  You could give yourself the best back massage, for example.  I wonder what would happen if you dunked its head in your favourite drink?  Lots of possibilities.

BTW, that doll that my daughter gave me has a strong magnet, and it’s still stuck onto the steel office cabinet, right under the John Paul II tour magnet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

2 inches, hit both keys in the dark. I need a lighted key board !

Yeah, I thought it might be 2.3 or something similar, but opportunities for limbo bike jokes are pretty rare, even weak ones, so that’s my excuse.

Your bike sounds pretty fierce.  It must be a whole lot of fun to ride.

38 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

she watches crime shows, knife is too obvious.

So ya gotta look out for the funny ice cubes in you drink that she brings you!

Are you sure that you know what your ice cubes look like?

In all seriousness saw an ad for a fridge that the icemaker makes cubes that look like good sized hail spheres. Tough!

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

In all seriousness saw an ad for a fridge that the icemaker makes cubes that look like good sized hail spheres. Tough!

We got a new fridge a couple months ago, I seen that model they call it "craft ice".  Come to find out anything called craft you can add 50% to the price. Needless to say we do not have craft ice.

• Like 2

Just now, dtel said:

We got a new fridge a couple months ago, I seen that model they call it "craft ice".  Come to find out anything called craft you can add 50% to the price. Needless to say we do not have craft ice.

Yep I just looked it up and it looks the same as my LG but newer and $1k more than I spent four or five years ago. I though $2k was very pricy but she wanted the three doors... and it is very good at keeping things cold. It makes the strangest noises I've ever heard from a fridge in the five decades I have memories of them though. New dishwasher is quiet, washer and dryer about the same age are quiet... but now the fridge pops and thumps in the middle of the night?

I will say it again it's the best cold making box that I've ever had!

6 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yep I just looked it up and it looks the same as my LG but newer and $1k more than I spent four or five years ago. I though $2k was very pricy but she wanted the three doors... and it is very good at keeping things cold. It makes the strangest noises I've ever heard from a fridge in the five decades I have memories of them though. New dishwasher is quiet, washer and dryer about the same age are quiet... but now the fridge pops and thumps in the middle of the night?

I will say it again it's the best cold making box that I've ever had!

Our LG is the same, maybe without the noises.  However the linear compressor went out after a year or two.  Luckily it was replaced at no cost by the geek squad.  When it works it works well.  Our other fridge is a more basic whirlpool gold top freezer older model, and has never had a problem, but does make noises.  I like the whirlpool better for its simplicity (one ice maker not two).  It seems the in door ice maker on the LG is always freezing jamming up.  Simple is best, that's why I like the good old manual transmissions in cars.  And turntables.  And reliable solid state.  And wooden hockey sticks, and baseball bats, and single load shot guns, and so on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Life is hard Steve.  Keep up the good fight.

you're telling me.  I have one of those expensive adjustable beds.  I think the power cord is shorting out and when I unplugged it, one of the prongs was very hot. 

So, I contact Mattress Firm and they tell me that it is covered under warranty and gave me the contact info for the warranty folks. they denied my claim without even speaking to me. 

So, now I'm back trying to see if the store will sell me a replacement cord. 

I know it's the cord because I charged my laptop using that same outlet and having it plugged in for over an hour, the computer cord didn't get warm at all. 

So I think for several days, I'll be sleeping at a steep incline because I don't trust that cord ... it got very hot after plugging it in for less than one minute. 

as Rosanne Rosanna-Dana used to say, "That goes to show you, it's always something."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, richieb said:

BSM - whisking eggs is not an Olympic strength event. Be gentle, stirring until well blended and a bit frothy. Remember - you are not mixing Quickcrete and water in a wheel barrow — 🥚🍳🏋️

with me, it's either full bore or all stop.  same thing when I cook, my brother is always telling me to turn down the heat. when I turn on the faucet, it's full blast (then I get mad when water splashes all over).  when I was married, my wife would always get mad because I would close all jars and lids too tight. Guys like me and Andre the Giant are cursed with an abundance of natural strength.  it's hard to control Richie ... it's a blessing and a curse. 

• Haha 2