Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

19 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

yes ketchup and plenty of hot sauce AND jalapeño; no, pizza sauce is not sufficient.

you would Love  , Sao Paulo -you name the flavor , of pizza they have it - ketchup and mayo  is on the menu-

• Like 3

11 hours ago, oldtimer said:

All pizza in America is an American concoction, someone's impression of someone else's food.  You could say the same about all Italian food in America, or all Chinese food, etc., and it would be true.  Americanizing is what we Americans do.

Thank goodness for that.  When I was in China the food was not anything like the Chinese food I enjoy here.  After a few days of eating bait, I eagerly descended upon a McDonalds to see how it compared to stateside.  Fortunately, it was identical.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 2/20/2021 at 5:48 AM, Ceptorman said:

How would one do this without getting shocked, isn't this dangerous?

On 2/20/2021 at 3:18 PM, NADman said:

DC (direct current)

Low voltage/high current.......  that's the ticket.

Don't think it would matter AC or DC.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Thank goodness for that.  When I was in China the food was not anything like the Chinese food I enjoy here.  After a few days of eating bait, I eagerly descended upon a McDonalds to see how it compared to stateside.  Fortunately, it was identical.

when my grandfather died on the island of Faial (part of the Azores), my Aunt had to go there to bring my grandmother back to California. While on Faial, she stayed with one of our relatives and when it came dinner time, they went outside and caught a chicken, then went over to the garden and pulled some veggies ... she said it was the best dinner she had on that entire trip. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I can relate. When I went to SanFrancisco, my ex wanted Chinese food... and thought she knew where "the" restaurant was...  Instead we landed in a "home style" Chinese place.... No sweet/sour or anything remotely familiar....We ordered....it came in a rice gruel... jook.  Real Chinese food. It was different --- shall we say

• Like 3

The wife purchased this coffee to see what it’s like.  We like coffee black and strong.   It lived up to the promise of a, “ . . . smooth finish.”

We woke up to a bit of new snow.  Less than an inch to whiten the foot already on the ground.

0A49F3D1-E918-4EAB-87AC-E79E2ED970A4.jpeg

• Like 3

Fortunately, I won’t need a snowblower to clear the new snow.  My decades old Craftsman finally gave up the ghost; it owed me nothing.  Seasonal oil changes and drain the gas were the only maintenance.  Never even pulled the plug.  The engine still starts and runs strong.  The drive belt and clutch mechanism failed and parts are no longer available.

My neighbor insisted I borrow his new EGO Power+ rechargeable electric snowblower.  It worked better than the old Craftsman.  It cleared his driveway and walks, as well as mine, on a single charge.  The best part is that his brother works for EGO and can get me one at wholesale.  The same unit, batteries and charger is on sale at Lowes for $550.  Mine will be $360.  It should be here in a week.

I don’t know what I’m more excited about, my vaccination 1st dose scheduled on 3/10 or the arrival of the new toy.

1527B1AE-C256-4A96-A1ED-21BC81BBE9DB.png

• Like 4

I remember the big switch from Maxwell (blue can) to Folgers (red container).  Must have been in the 70's.  There was a period when I would stop at Dunkin Donuts for a large coffee and two Old Fashion (plain cake in side with a light glaze) donuts. Then take it back to my office in the court house for a leisurely breakfast.

Hey Coytee....looked up your wife's coffee machine.  That's a tad pricey though I bet it does a good job.

• Like 3

I know we don't talk much music/gear here but I have a streaming question that is so basic I'm hesitant to ask elsewhere.  Suppose you took a few days and made play list non stop of everything you think you may want to listen to in the future.  Isn't that stored on your hard drive?  Could you not then cancel Tidal/Spotify/Amazon?  I stream through a Node Blue OS.

6 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I know we don't talk much music/gear here but I have a streaming question that is so basic I'm hesitant to ask elsewhere.  Suppose you took a few days and made play list non stop of everything you think you may want to listen to in the future.  Isn't that stored on your hard drive?  Could you not then cancel Tidal/Spotify/Amazon?  I stream through a Node Blue OS.

I don’t think so Chuck.  When you make a playlist on Spotify, etc. the list is stored on their platform, not your hard drive.  If you make a playlist on your computer using JRiver or the like, the playlist is on your hard drive, as are the tunes.  

To make a playlist independent of a streaming service, each of the individual files for each tune must first be saved on your hard drive.  Only then can you use software, such as JRiver, to create a playlist.  My Pono player allows me to create playlists, but the individual files are saved to a micro-sd card.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Yes, I store all my CDs on a laptop, iTunes. I can hit random play and it's like my own radio station that will only play my recorded music. If you chose an album and hit play, it will play all my albums in order. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Fortunately, I won’t need a snowblower to clear the new snow.  My decades old Craftsman finally gave up the ghost; it owed me nothing.  Seasonal oil changes and drain the gas were the only maintenance.  Never even pulled the plug.  The engine still starts and runs strong.  The drive belt and clutch mechanism failed and parts are no longer available.

My neighbor insisted I borrow his new EGO Power+ rechargeable electric snowblower.  It worked better than than the old Craftsman.  It cleared his driveway and walks, as well as mine, on a single charge.  The best part is that his brother works for EGO and can get me one at wholesale.  The same unit, batteries and charger is on sale at Lowes for $550.  Mine will be $360.  It should be here in a week.

I don’t know what I’m more excited about, my vaccination 1st dose scheduled on 3/10 or the arrival of the new toy.

1527B1AE-C256-4A96-A1ED-21BC81BBE9DB.png

I've heard that line is a good seller at Lowes, and you got a terrific deal. It's amazing how good a lot of the battery powered tools are. I'll bet that's a lot lighter than your Craftsmen.

• Like 2