Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Fortunately, I won’t need a snowblower to clear the new snow.  My decades old Craftsman finally gave up the ghost; it owed me nothing.  Seasonal oil changes and drain the gas were the only maintenance.  Never even pulled the plug.  The engine still starts and runs strong.  The drive belt and clutch mechanism failed and parts are no longer available.

My neighbor insisted I borrow his new EGO Power+ rechargeable electric snowblower.  It worked better than the old Craftsman.  It cleared his driveway and walks, as well as mine, on a single charge.  The best part is that his brother works for EGO and can get me one at wholesale.  The same unit, batteries and charger is on sale at Lowes for $550.  Mine will be $360.  It should be here in a week.

I don’t know what I’m more excited about, my vaccination 1st dose scheduled on 3/10 or the arrival of the new toy.

1527B1AE-C256-4A96-A1ED-21BC81BBE9DB.png

We bought a Ryobi Zero Turn mower to tackle our newly acquired 4 acres and using it just twice last fall it is a winner. Runs as advertised, quiet, great cutting through tall grass and will have no worries starting it this spring. I’m sold and I bet you love the new machine - 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

Probably sick of the taxes and decided to come to Texas.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

OMG Pete!  Taxes are political.  Do you want to get this thread shut down?????!!!!!!

PSA brought to you from the Clown and Joker assn.  LLC

Look at you two daredevils teetering on the edge, poking at the political bear, daring a beloved thread gets the dreaded paddle lock.

It won’t be funny when all we have to talk about are Made in America 🇺🇸 Klipsch Heritage and Professional Loudspeakers. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, babadono said:

Only place I know on Statline is Party Factory, picking up supplies before going into dry Hope AR.

the Party Factory  civic address is  4102 North State line --the China king buffet is 5001 N---------so  about 21 miles distance ---and   a few miles closer to @Mallette   , he is in Downtown Texarkana

This drone photo was taken 2 days later 2 miles up State Line from where Peek filmed the infamous Feb. 16 video. The Arkansas road-grader repurposed as a snow plow was just arriving. On this section of the road, Arkansas was late plowing.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, DizRotus said:

My neighbor insisted I borrow his new EGO Power+ rechargeable electric snowblower.  It worked better than the old Craftsman.  It cleared his driveway and walks, as well as mine, on a single charge.  The best part is that his brother works for EGO and can get me one at wholesale.  The same unit, batteries and charger is on sale at Lowes for $550.  Mine will be $360.  It should be here in a week.

They have had a while to work with new batteries and motors and the things battery powered are going to increase. As long as they do as well as other gas or electric/corded models did or better why not , batteries can be recharged many times.   

• Like 3

On 2/20/2021 at 9:27 AM, Ceptorman said:

Sorry to hear about your buddy, but it's a shame to let your bike and his work sit. Sounds like a monster of a machine, those were pretty cool bikes even stock. I love V4 motorcycles, they have a wonderful sound. Soichiro Honda sure loved V-4s.

With that custom polished stainless exhaust he bent up for me, she's loud as hell.   :D

He sold custom exhausts for the V-Max but mine is only one of two systems he did in thin wall polished stainless, just for me...

Rog

• Like 3

On 2/21/2021 at 8:43 PM, babadono said:

Low voltage/high current.......  that's the ticket.

Don't think it would matter AC or DC.

Welding machines are limited to 90 volts to avoid any accidental shocks being fatal.  The ampere output is adjustable; the voltage is not.

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2021 at 8:57 AM, DizRotus said:

Fortunately, I won’t need a snowblower to clear the new snow.  My decades old Craftsman finally gave up the ghost; it owed me nothing.  Seasonal oil changes and drain the gas were the only maintenance.  Never even pulled the plug.  The engine still starts and runs strong.  The drive belt and clutch mechanism failed and parts are no longer available.

I don’t know what I’m more excited about, my vaccination 1st dose scheduled on 3/10 or the arrival of the new toy.

1527B1AE-C256-4A96-A1ED-21BC81BBE9DB.png