Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

21 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Works for me.  Not sure where we'll end up this year but we're currently tossing ideas around.

I thought we were going to surprise Eric and show up at his place with campers and tents.  Oh, forgot, it's probably against the law there. 

15 minutes ago, Pete H said:

I thought we were going to surprise Eric and show up at his place with campers and tents.  Oh, forgot, it's probably against the law there. 

You'd just end up as an indentured servant laying blocks the rest of your live at casa del Lewis.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pete H said:

I can show you tent cities in the middle of Los Angeles and parts of the OC. if used condoms and syringes ever become valuable, just take a stroll down the streets of Santa Ana and you'll be rich.  I used to work in that city and would walk during lunch ... had to keep my eyes on the sidewalk or I may have stepped on something that would have required me to throw away my shoes and boil my feel. So many discarded condoms on the sidewalk and curbs, that I grew to wonder if people had sex at home anymore.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Bring an air mattress. The ground is rocky and hard:)

the law....hmmm.... I am pretty remote... call the sheriff, maybe they'll show up the next day or the day after.

4 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Eric, get busy on the walls!

Man its been a dry winter here so far. No way I would be near as far on the walls if it were a regular winter. Spent last weekend doing weed abatement, this too because of the lack of rain is probably the earliest I've gotten started on that chore.

8 hours ago, Islander said:

Welding machines are limited to 90 volts to avoid any accidental shocks being fatal.  The ampere output is adjustable; the voltage is not.

Even at 410 Amps DC this Miller Big Blue only puts out 40 volts.

410 Amps is a lot of juice for welding or pipe thawing. 90 volts- AC or DC can kill you.

Most welding is done in the 20-30 volt DC range.

big blue.JPG

Edited by NADman
forgot
  • Thanks 1