Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I think they're mad at me for telling them to notify my personal shopper to stop putting dented cans in my order.

From howstuffworks.com:  "Botulism, caused by the bacteria clostridium botulinum, occurs when a dent or damage to a can creates even a pinhole-size opening."

Stick to your guns on the no dented cans policy.

• Like 5

Just now, Seadog said:

From howstuffworks.com:  "Botulism, caused by the bacteria clostridium botulinum, occurs when a dent or damage to a can creates even a pinhole-size opening."

Stick to your guns on the no dented cans policy.

that's what I'm always telling my brother. He used to be the manager of a major grocery store and he told me that if there was a danger the store would pull them from the shelf and just send them back to the manufacturer.  regardless, I don't like dented cans. I told them to tell the personal shoppers not to put anything in my cart that they wouldn't put in their own. 

• Like 4

Mornin' all.

More dirt wrench work yesterday... Garden is a bout half ready.  Taking a break today. My back needs a rest. Maybe I'll make a run to the lake.

Wife is off today... Rodeo - even though it isn't being held this year. They made the school schedule last year - pre-covid///

I should have stopped looking  after I purchased my RP600Ms... Seeing 160's on cl for $150 -  $200.   4 speakers in the doghouse might be excessive... but, I am still tempted. I really don't need more speaker... a better amp might be nice. This old Sony, with no display, could be replaced. It's an AVR and has lots of features I never had or will have use for. 

• Like 3

@grasshopper they close the school when the rodeo is in town? When I was a lad, I always thought they should close the local schools for the month of May and the Indy 500.

@CECAA850 @richieb I didn't realize my soul was a bartering piece. I wonder what it's up to today? 

Carl.....don't you have a cool sub to match those LSIs 😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hi Bill

Yeah.. Schools close for rodeo and county fair.  Absentees soar otherwise. We used to skip school and go to the fair... see a lot of classmates ..... and teachers there. Shoots, my wife's school is closed the Monday following Easter.  With Sunday being a high holy day... many of the families travel and observe the holiday elsewhere. They come home on Monday....

Kinda like why schools traditionally run from Sept - June.... The kids are were needed as "farm hands" thru the summer.

... and why did I leave my coffee in the house? Dimass.... Not enough coffee to think straight... I can do a Steve on my kitchen, if I haven't had coffee before trying to make coffee. Good thing I had my eyes open this AM. Grinder was empty.  That was a little odd, but... I put more beans in. Ground some... About dumped the container into the machine and noticed there was an awful lot in it.   I know wife doesn't grind beans for me. The machines sounds like a garbage disposal... but, doesn't seem to wake her.... SO... best guess is, one the cats was on the counter and stepped on the GO button... I put down food for them when I make coffee... maybe they were trying to speed the process......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

debating on putting my bean seeds in the ground. We're gonna see frost and I wonder how much good row covers do??? The other stuff ... it's too early yet ... or will be started in party cups [seems like the right  thing to use].

I had some corn that I could plant in March and pick for corn on the cob in early July.   Toss that "knee high by the 4th of July" stuff...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

153577260_10160012173116323_573852533007

Well, that’s some savvy business model.  The tobacco is the reason that you have bad breath and the first way the tobacco company makes money, then the same company sells the solution to the bad breath that they created.  They get you coming and going!

The card also uses the words “temporary” and “temporarily”, so you’d better buy several, so you don’t run out and have sour kisses.  Wonder if they considered something to remove yellow stains from fingers and teeth as well?  That one plant could be the heart of a whole sales ecology.

On 2/23/2021 at 2:28 PM, NADman said:

Even at 410 Amps DC this Miller Big Blue only puts out 40 volts.

410 Amps is a lot of juice for welding or pipe thawing. 90 volts- AC or DC can kill you.

Most welding is done in the 20-30 volt DC range.

big blue.JPG

Thanks for this info.  You’re more up-to-date than me.  I got my welding training back in the late 1980s-early 1990s.  All we were told was that the welding machines would never put out more than 90 volts.  We weren’t told what the typical operating voltage was.  Your numbers make sense, so I agree with them.

• Thanks 1

Looks like rain later today.  Had to back the bubble out of the garage and close the auto top  (down into trunk).  Darn I hate it to get wet after the spiffy ceramic coating maintenance I did two days ago.

First Covid shot scheduled for 10am Sunday.  Not sure which one but I think it may be Pfizer.

Fifth day on Keto Diet......down 4.5 pounds (water weight).

Jake is hanging in there but I can tell he doesn't feel good. 

That's it for now.  Stay tuned and I'll let you know if LF figures out the problem with the dish washer (no....not me).  It stops sometime during the cycle for no apparent reason.  She is smart and will figure it out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Pretty quiet in here so I guess I'll put the pot on for everyone!  :)

An all morning simmer or are you frying it up today?

Had 70 for a while yesterday and pulled the stereo components out of the only storage bin that I've ever used to a new technologically advanced more secure one. Climate controlled in the contract is not what I've had for the past month or longer. Sizing down there and moving non affected stuff to a smaller unit. My LPs and speakers are on the back wall will get them out this weekend.

This song fits, not the ominous part but the Goodbye Carolina Blue skies and that outfit I've used three times since the 1980s has lost my trust.

💔See Ya Ha Ha!😈

• Like 2