Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

That's it for now.  Stay tuned and I'll let you know if LF figures out the problem with the dish washer (no....not me).  It stops sometime during the cycle for no apparent reason.  She is smart and will figure it out.

Oh man!

I programmed mine once by mistake and had to spend fifteen minutes with the manual to figure out how to clear what I did.

It's newfangled but it sure is quiet!!

PXL-20210226-144203034.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Oh man!

I programmed mine once by mistake and had to spend fifteen minutes with the manual to figure out how to clear what I did.

It's newfangled but it sure is quiet!!

PXL-20210226-144203034.jpg

Hers is a Miele (read expensive).  The latest attempt at repair was to straighten the water inlet hose to rule out a kink.  The light still blinks though it is a longer interval between blinks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Looks like rain later today.  Had to back the bubble out of the garage and close the auto top  (down into trunk).  Darn I hate it to get wet after the spiffy ceramic coating maintenance I did two days ago.

First Covid shot scheduled for 10am Sunday.  Not sure which one but I think it may be Pfizer.

Fifth day on Keto Diet......down 4.5 pounds (water weight).

Jake is hanging in there but I can tell he doesn't feel good. 

That's it for now.  Stay tuned and I'll let you know if LF figures out the problem with the dish washer (no....not me).  It stops sometime during the cycle for no apparent reason.  She is smart and will figure it out.

Lots goin’ on here - 

Im with you and refuse to take a freshly waxed car immediately  out in the rain. I even check the radar if it’s cloudy -

Had our first vaccine shot about ten days ago - Moderna

You and Jake - Hang in there - Together

Im sure the LF has had to start you back up in the middle of a “cycle”. Experience helps - 

Carry on — 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes, their stuff is very nice Chuck.

That's an LG above, lower mid ranged price and I've been pleased with their USA customer support... So when we exiled whirlpool/kitchen aids and I had to unexpectedly replace all the big stuff in the last decade we went with them and AJMadison out of NYC.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yes, their stuff is very nice Chuck.

That's an LG above, lower mid ranged price and I've been pleased with their USA customer support... So when we exiled whirlpool/kitchen aids and I had to unexpectedly replace all the big stuff in the last decade we went with them and AJMadison out of NYC.

Several friends have LG refrigerators and can’t think of one that hasn’t had problems. The Whirlpool refrigerator in the home we just moved from was going on twenty years, never an issue and ironically enough the new home we are in has three year old Whirlpool appliances. Fine with me  - 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, richieb said:

Several friends have LG refrigerators and can’t think of one that hasn’t had problems. The Whirlpool refrigerator in the home we just moved from was going on twenty years, never an issue and ironically enough the new home we are in has three year old Whirlpool appliances. Fine with me  - 

`Morning Rich!

Like mine even though it's not simple like I wanted.

We had whirlpools forever and got it all at sears.

Got a kitchen aids fridge in Orlando off of 436 where their scratch& dent store was in the 90s. It finally died and that was after the year old whirlpool gas range top melted the grates that hold the pans. Not completely, but out of shape enough to effect usage. The k-aids oven was a kebc171 that is known as their suicide oven. The self cleaning option destroys the entire motherboard inside of it. A National Class-action satisfied that and we replaced it with the only other thing that could fit the darned enlarged hole I made in the cabinet... a whirlpool. Repaired twice in the first year! it sucks and can't hold any temp, have to watch it like a toddler on wheels!

That stovetop? they replaced the grates once then told us we were using it wrong that they would not offer any other remedy for it. All parameters according to the install instructions were within spec. I paid our guy $90 to install it so I could be within warranty when I could have done it myself.

They told us not to use it like we were?

Like to cook our food on it?

I banished whirlpool from my life. They are evil crooks. f'em

• Haha 2

Got the first Moderna then they called me Monday and I was in the shower so didn't answer.  They're calling back at some point I guess or so the msg said.  Hopefully soon.  So much for the second mugga.  The boys are coming to pick up the Cub Cadet for a lil service work.  Need a belt on the mower deck.  I replaced it once and never again.  Talk about a pain.  Creeps?  Yuppers the lot of us!  :)

Bubble n rain?  Pffft.  Just busy work cleaning it up.  I'm more concerned about the Jakester.  Hope he gets better soon.

Keep the pot full and on!  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Creeps?  Yuppers the lot of us!  :)

Bubble n rain?  Pffft.  Just busy work cleaning it up.  I'm more concerned about the Jakester.  Hope he gets better soon.

Keep the pot full and on!  :)

HA!

Yep I'm on the second pot now but I only make 24 every morning now so twenty more really isn't that much for me for a day!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I once paid $75 for a tech to come out to look at the then LG fridge.  It wasn't cooling properly.  Felt pretty foolish when I discovered the half gallon of vodka was keeping the freezer door from sealing completely.😐

Not enough slushies---one more for Jake:)

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

The dish washer is now giving a "change filters" message.

one thing I don't need in my life is appliances that nag... bad enough the new cars email you to tell you crap.

kinda fresh this AM.. Sub freezing. Threw a bucket of twigs in the fire to knock the edge off the house.

• Like 3

Couldn't turn off the microphone in the new car but I did turn off the voice so it wouldn't mute the music and tell me where I am.

wtf? When I do the shift and i key to capitalize above it turns on the italics but the other two times after that it did not do that:wacko2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have had many dishwashers in the past that were absolute crap.  Went to a Bosch about 5 years ago and finally, a dishwasher that works flawlessly, has a light that shines on the floor to let you know it's running (it's that quiet) and zero issues.  I've had customers install them since getting mine and about 20 to date, all extremely pleased and would never by any other brand.

• Like 2