Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Just now, Pete H said:

I have had many dishwashers in the past that were absolute crap.  Went to a Bosch about 5 years ago and finally, a dishwasher that works flawlessly, has a light that shines on the floor to let you know it's running (it's that quiet) and zero issues.  I've had customers install them since getting mine and about 20 to date, all extremely pleased and would never by any other brand.

Thanks.  I'm looking and consumer reports says a certain Bosch model outperforms others at twice the price.  Pm me with the exact model you like if you don't mind.

in general...

seems as though "durable" goods have a much shorter lifespan than they used to

and the new refrigerators with the eco-friendly refrigerant don't last... so, the whole appliance ends up in the dump instead of polluting the air.... go figure

I've had 2 dishwashers in the last 25 years. First one lasted 6 years. 2nd one... 13 years and I'm still married to her

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bosch dishwashers:emotion-21:  the Nazi dishwasher.

Back in the day had dinner with the neighbors one night. After dinner we were at the kitchen nook table playing cards. Don't recall how the conversation got started but Larry(the neighbor) says doncha hear it it running right now. I said hear what. He says the Nazi dishwasher. I was amazed how quiet it was, I was sold. When I built I insisted on a Bosch. Controls inside out of sight and the cute little light(LED I presume) shinning on the floor when running.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Bosch  Dishwashers are Made in the USA   -- 

BSH Hausgeräte GmbH (formerly BSH Bosch und Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH), headquartered in Munich, Germany, is a manufacturer of household appliances. Founded as a joint venture between Bosch and Siemens, it has been a wholly owned subsidiary of the Bosch Group since 2015.BSH generated sales of around 13.2 billion euros in 2019, making it the largest home appliance manufacturer in Europe, according to the company. The company has around 40 factories in Europe, the U.S., Latin America and Asia. Together with a network of sales and customer service companies, some 80 companies in around 50 countries with around 58,000 employees work for BSH.  Still a german company , where ever they manufacture their deveices .......

• Like 3

Their oxygen sensors cost twice as much as the gm ones for my 9C1 and threw a code to boot!

Lucky I found that out at their forums before I replaced mine. The great Dal Slabaugh at a dealer in OH got me everything I needed for that big cockaroacha rocket!

2-snout.png

My-Big-Block-LT-1.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Chuck, good to see Jake in you new icon, but if possible, do you have a photo of Jake and LF that you could use instead?

Richie wanted me to ask since he is usually the creepy one.

Glad I stopped in if only to read this near slanderous comment. What was so creepy about my post earlier this morning?

- that like ‘Heel the wife and I got our first vaccine shot?

- that like ‘Heel I don’t like getting a freshly detailed car out in the rain?

- that I’m sending positive vibes to ‘Heel and buddy Jake?

So, Mr. Mook, what can it possibly be?

We are all anxiously waiting - 

6 minutes ago, richieb said:

Glad I stopped in if only to read this near slanderous comment. What was so creepy about my post earlier this morning?

- that like ‘Heel the wife and I got our first vaccine shot?

- that like ‘Heel I don’t like getting a freshly detailed car out in the rain?

- that I’m sending positive vibes to ‘Heel and buddy Jake?

So, Mr. Mook, what can it possibly be?

We are all anxiously waiting - 

Nearly slanderous, more nearly accurate.

You are reading too much into it. I didn't say "creepy" like it was a bad thing.

4 hours ago, MyOwn said:

Hey folks...I'm ready for the green stuff to start sprouting...

Currently 43 tomorrow 57 ******* degrees 🍻

Yeah its a New Year😀

I put some seed in yesterday...  Let's hope it's a new year. The last 3 have not yielded a bounty, by any measure

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

We've had 40s today and lots of rain after three beautiful cloudless days and 71 once.

Sprouts? Think these are daffodils.

PXL-20210226-233438133.jpg

yeah.. those look like daffodils. Could be narcissus, too

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MicroMara said:

BSH Hausgeräte GmbH (formerly BSH Bosch und Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH), headquartered in Munich, Germany, is a manufacturer of household appliances. Founded as a joint venture between Bosch and Siemens, it has been a wholly owned subsidiary of the Bosch Group since 2015.BSH generated sales of around 13.2 billion euros in 2019, making it the largest home appliance manufacturer in Europe, according to the company. The company has around 40 factories in Europe, the U.S., Latin America and Asia. Together with a network of sales and customer service companies, some 80 companies in around 50 countries with around 58,000 employees work for BSH.  Still a german company , where ever they manufacture their deveices .......

Mr. Bosch’s claim to fame?  He invented the modern spark plug.  Gasoline engines must have become much more practical after that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I put some seed in yesterday...  Let's hope it's a new year. The last 3 have not yielded a bounty, by any measure

yeah.. those look like daffodils. Could be narcissus, too

Just last week, ads appeared on the sides of buses, looking for daffodil pickers.  It’s an annual sight, but things may be worse this year.  We have a few really big daffodil farms here, but the closed border makes it difficult to get the usual Central American crop harvesters, and few Canadians want to do work like that.

1 hour ago, Islander said:

Just last week, ads appeared on the sides of buses, looking for daffodil pickers.  It’s an annual sight, but things may be worse this year.  We have a few really big daffodil farms here, but the closed border makes it difficult to get the usual Central American crop harvesters, and few Canadians want to do work like that.

Sounds familiar.

2 hours ago, Islander said:

Mr. Bosch’s claim to fame?  He invented the modern spark plug.  Gasoline engines must have become much more practical after that.

in 15-20 years   , everything   civilian  in the USA will be electric  -  the exploration on Mars in 2021  uses  Electric Systems -