Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

16 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Bosch at my house too.  No problems since 2010.

They are really a great company if you know the history and the billions that they've donated to charity over the years, and continue to do so.  I have owned many of their products over the last 35+ years, from automotive, tools, appliances and they are also the only heat pumps (forced air) that I will install on my homes.  If customers want something different, they can contract it out themselves.  I have power tools that are 20+ years old, some drills, 30, and they still work great, and that's not coming from a homeowner perspective, as they've been used professionally for many years.  

Getting off the soap box now.  LOL  Happy Saturday. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Speaking of dishwashers, my parents have a Bosch machine. I believe the cycle takes about an hour.  That is a long time.  In my younger days, I worked in and ran big kitchens and bakeries in a resort type living.  We fed several thousand people per day, which generated quite a few dishes to be washed.    We used commercial dish washers, both conveyor types and ones in which you slid a tray into it and pulled the doors down.  This machine had a wash cycle of 90 seconds!  The dishes come out very hot and within a minute or so, are completely dry. 

I have often thought about an under counter commercial version for the home, but never followed up on it.  These machines even draw from a detergent supply on their own, so you don't need to add soap each time you use it. I dig a 90 second wash.

A real time vid of a wash cycle in one. A bit dramatic, but you get the idea.

• Like 4

Oh, let's be honest... we don't really care how quiet it gets done... as long as we aren't the one swishing dishes...

Speaking of quiet machines...

Why do they make these battery op clocks tick?  And then they put that mechanism in a nice resonating box

Mornin' All

Ice on the water bowls this AM. It will be gone in a minute. The sun is up/out.We're back to record temps being a bit on the warm side... 90` is record. We're running a touch above normal with low/mid 70's... 70` is average.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Commercial dishwasher?  Make mine a HOBART :emotion-21:  45 second cycle.      At home?  Economy model Whirlpool (complete with NOISE :lol:...)

Yeah Gary....how far we have fallen talking about dish washers!   At least it's not speakers being broken in or broken down😉 

If I ever get another camera I'll join you gents over at Right This Minute.  Though I do go to bed before most of you guys get started.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Dishwasher. DISHWASHER! We don’t need no stinkin’ dishwasher. Just me and the wife - why do I need to run water and a heating element for an hour and a half to wash a few dishes? We don’t. Finish the meal, spend all of ten minutes at the sink, put ‘em away. Although I’ve never figured out why it takes her ten minutes to wash dishes - 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I hope you can join us SOON Chuck.   We are listening to the BSO right now over WCRB Boston stream.  I am still using a rather OLD camera.  But here is a current photo RTM of the 'new' Longfellow Music Hall...  Enjoy.IMG-4058.jpg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Oh, let's be honest... we don't really care how quiet it gets done... as long as we aren't the one swishing dishes...

Speaking of quiet machines...

Why do they make these battery op clocks tick?  And then they put that mechanism in a nice resonating box

Mornin' All

Ice on the water bowls this AM. It will be gone in a minute. The sun is up/out.We're back to record temps being a bit on the warm side... 90` is record. We're running a touch above normal with low/mid 70's... 70` is average.

Below freezing at night to over 70F in the afternoon?  That’s wild.  Imagine having to work outdoors on night shift, wearing your winter coat and getting home in time to see people in light jackets or even no jackets heading off to work.  That would frost my arse, so to speak.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Islander said:

Below freezing at night to over 70F in the afternoon?  That’s wild.  Imagine having to work outdoors on night shift, wearing your winter coat and getting home in time to see people in light jackets or even no jackets heading off to work.  That would frost my arse, so to speak.

70 F  , we're still  freezing here for another month  --  heating seats will do wonders -my wife keeps them On all the time  ,she says  ,I  like  it HOT :biggrin:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Islander said:

Below freezing at night to over 70F in the afternoon?

typical weather for this time of year.  Wear a coat in the morning and not need it in the afternoon.  Have to remember to take it home with you...

it's a function of low humidity. Our dew points have been in the minus degrees [F] with R/H under 10%.... but, them "high" humidity is 30 - 40%. If it is higher than that, there's a good chance it is raining already.

I don't wanna complain, since I'm still on the right side of the sod... Let's just say, my back is presenting some challenges to me today. Weather is changing   Sposed to be an up/down week. Cool today.. warmer, then cool and end the week with low 80's.... something to look forward to....

chuckling  about how the state is increasingly relying on the internet for everything....  we can't really rely on our internet being up... We can renew driver's license on the net now, as long as your current license photo is less than 12yr old.  Yes, that is quite possible. At age 45, your license  renewal doesn't expire until your hit 65

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

We can renew driver's license on the net now, as long as your current license photo is less than 12yr old

I was getting a new license once and the lady at the DMV was acting peculiar. They had my photo in the computer from my previous license. I finally asked her if something was wrong. she gets her supervisor and is convinced that I was not who I was saying that I was. she said I didn't look anything like the photo that they have on file. fortunately, her boss wasn't buying her story.  Poetic justice I guess ... before I was of drinking age, I had a fake ID ... NOT one with my photo either. I go to the store to buy some beer and arrogantly go to the cashier thet I went to school with. She knew it wasn't me. She calls her manager and tells him that I have a fake ID. he looks and tells her that it is good. She says "I know him, this isn't him."  the manager said, "yes it is, look at the eyes, they're the same."  She was pissed and I got my beer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2